Discuss Sharing Cpc - Two Lighting Circuits in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Carried out a condition report today and found two lighting circuits using the same CPC, 4mm single. Seems the lighting never had a CPC and someone has added the 4mm at a later date. From what i understand the 4mm is ok but is it ok for two circuits to share the same CPC?

Thanks in advance

I see no problem with this see Reg 543.1.2 which gives you the requirements for such a situation. Many moons ago when steel conduit/trunking was used for the cpc it served multiple circuits and nobody did bat an eyelid.

Just spent 10 mins looking for this. Good on you westward10 for beating me to it.

Is the circuit a conduit system or Twin with no CPC , the only argument would be is that the wiring system would have no integral CPC , i.e. twin , or the steel conduit, by adding an additional CPC would give the fittings an earth , its ok for both circuits to share the same CPC though as in a conduit system or share CPC as stated ....

Hi All - For my own education looked up the ref and I agree. Clearly ok. But then I read on a bit (should have quit ... ) to 543.6.1 which may mean it's ok to share cpc but the cables must run together? Cheers, David.

Hi All - For my own education looked up the ref and I agree. Clearly ok. But then I read on a bit (should have quit ... ) to 543.6.1 which may mean it's ok to share cpc but the cables must run together? Cheers, David.
Now I have just read 543.6.1:confounded:, you could argue it is in the same wiring system?

All depends on what you class as "immediate proximity". I still go with 'its ok'.

Reply to Sharing Cpc - Two Lighting Circuits in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock