Discuss Shaver socket - no earth in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Roberts3324

I am currently installing a new bathroom and have just removed a double insulated light/shaver socket. I have relocated the cable at a better height and planned to install just a shaver socket. After moving the cable i noticed that there is no earth cable as it was double insulated but the new socket is asking for an earth cable. Is there anything i can do without digging up the walls or can the shaver socket be wired with no earth?

any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

The best course of action would be to get a sparky in to rewire the supply to the shaver socket as the manufacturers instructions for the shaver socket will probably require one.
This may be more involved than you think as shaver sockets are generally taken from local lighting circuits. It may be the case that the lighting circuit has no earth at all.

You are altering a circuit so the alterations should be compliant with the regs. This requires an earth to be present. The earth must be proved to be continuous back to the main earthing terminal.

Is there RCD protection present on the circuit ?

You are altering a circuit so the alterations should be compliant with the regs.

I guess you mean which zone is it in? ..... I now know the zones for England and Wales but what about Scotland? Im sure they must have the equivalent of a Part 'P' north of the border. But who knows what it will be once they become independant ....... a bit like Spain?!?!

hot sun???? why do you think shetland ponies have such thick coats. it ain't to keep the sun out.:20:

nope. it's the sexual stimulation of being prickled by thistles that they seek.

No that's for ease of urination

Good point, perhaps men south of the border should start wearing skirts too, save having to find an alley on a night out. Just stand, open your legs a bit wider and ......

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, perhaps men south of the border should start wearing skirts too, save having to find an alley on a night out. Just stand, open your legs a bit wider and ......

Damn, thats what the women in Wales do!

So you are suggesting we all start wearing kilts ? Is your angle on this that if you lift up the front of your kilt you might be able to hide a sheep under there ?

Is your angle on this that if you lift up the front of your kilt you might be able to hide a sheep under there ?

Nope, but its a damn sight quicker to get there legs into your wellies :love:

- - - Updated - - -

I thought they wore Wool coats to attract the men in Wales

Ankles behind the ears always works fine .....

- - - Updated - - -

Ankles behind the ears always works fine .....
Aye very true, I went to cardif once and asked a young welsh lass what she put behind her ears to attract the guys, expecting her to say perfume or even diesel lol she shocked me when she said her ankles lmao

Tiz totally true .... mind you you would probably prefer to fight than f*ck most of them!

you've obviously not seen some of the geordie women, then.

Reply to Shaver socket - no earth in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock