Discuss Shoddy work in carpark!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HSE refer responsibilities for shops to local authorities, although they have responsibilities for electrical systems, but I suspect that's supplies. Whatever, as I said before the power of the press might prove more fruitful.

Edit whatever, I would want something done pdq!

I have emailed the head office with image attached basically telling them its dangerous and in breach of numerous rules and regs... suggesting they get it fixed asap and not by the same so called electrician who did the poor work.
I told them that if they do not fix it then if somebody gets hurt or worse dies they could be fined huge sums possibly even criminal charges.
I have said that if its not fixed asap then when i am next in homebase and i see it unrepaired then i will send the same images to the local and national press.

Time will tell if they can be bothered to reply or fix it.

That work is in breach of the E&WR 1989, they are breaking the law.

Not arguing that, just who is responsible for policing it, and the expectations of a timely response. OP has already been told to mind his own business. He can choose to forget about it or try another tack.

If someone got hurt, HSE would be all over it. Until that happened, I expect they would bat any complaint back to the landlords or local authority.

My squished roadside cabinet is in breach, but it's been so for some weeks.

I suspect that Homebase contracted the CCTV company to police their car park and it’s the CCTVcompany who have sub contracted installation to to a bunch of cowboys.

I suspect that Homebase contracted the CCTV company to police their car park and it’s the CCTVcompany who have sub contracted installation to to a bunch of cowboys.
or more likely that the CCTV monkey engineer has done it hisself.

from picture looks like it is on the ground or have I missed something?!

yes its on the ground, it is covered by about half an inch at most of cheap tarmac stuff you buy in a bucket in b and q the picture shows it completely exposed and looks like it was never covered, they must have chased out a little groove for the white flex and joined it on to the old black cable to the right...

The more you look at it the sadder it gets, it’s awful.
Oh and Gavin, clean your camera lens, that photos as bad as @Vortigern s attempts!

The more you look at it the sadder it gets, it’s awful.
Oh and Gavin, clean your camera lens, that photos as bad as @Vortigern s attempts!
I have finally removed the plastic film off the camera on back of my phone, only had it 18 months!! and surprised it stayed stuck on all this time. must be good LG engineering. future pictures will be better and clearer;)

Question: did OP test this with prong testers or a no-contact stick tester? A stick tester may have lit up at 12v .
If you used a ‘proper’ tester, you touched it last... they’ll swing the blame somehow.

On my way into town for rugby i cut through said carpark at homebase and guess my moaning and email to hq had an effect. They have fenced it off! Not fixed it but decided to put a nasty plastic fence around it.
Its a start i guess..

Shoddy work in carpark!! 20170923_122550 - EletriciansForums.net

Shoddy work in carpark!! 20170923_122555 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Shoddy work in carpark!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock