Discuss Shoddy work in carpark!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would have laid on the ground with some shaving foam around my mouth by the cable with a bunch of keys I dropped and tried to pick up. See how long it took someone to notice.:smilingimp:

I would have laid on the ground with some shaving foam around my mouth by the cable with a bunch of keys I dropped and tried to pick up. See how long it took someone to notice.:smilingimp:
Use squirty cream, tastes better if you get hungry after the 100th person walks over your drama queen, twitching, bad acting, attention seeking, compensation chasing body! Or is that being a bit hard on you!

I like how they clearly took the poles and fencing from within the store stock.... still has labels on... do wonder if i took the poles back into the store if they would give me a refund or credit note without a receipt?
I got the email below off the area manager....

Good morning Mr Hyde
I have this morning received the below correspondence from yourself regarding a potential electrical issue in the car park at our store in Bath.
We are in the process of trying to isolate the area in question as a matter of urgency to prevent any potential accidents occurring while also passing on to the relevant team to remedy the situation permanently.
Thank you for pointing this issue out to us and please rest assured that we will treat this with the utmost urgency in order to get it fixed.
If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

When they say they are in the process of trying to do something, then you do feel that the matter may not be so urgent.
A better response would be that we have contacted the site maintenance team who are on their way to isolate the area as I type.

Guess they'll carry out a risk assessment, and place some nice little barriers or large pallet over it, or a sign, bit like when they was the floors! Its been there a while now, lets hope no one gets hurt, but it is the weekend.

Guess they'll carry out a risk assessment, and place some nice little barriers or large pallet over it, or a sign, bit like when they was the floors! Its been there a while now, lets hope no one gets hurt, but it is the weekend.
Makes you wonder how many committees the problem has to go through, before someone actually does something, had a lot of experience of that sort of thing during my time as a civil servant.

A start I guess, still won't stop inquisitive little finger poking around will it

Considering its in a car park then there is likely to be more risk of the child playing in the area being killed by a car than from poking a finger through the fence.

Whilst the electrical work is unacceptable, if a child is playing in the road then it is asking to die.

Considering its in a car park then there is likely to be more risk of the child playing in the area being killed by a car than from poking a finger through the fence.

Whilst the electrical work is unacceptable, if a child is playing in the road then it is asking to die.
Oh right so there won't be a kid with their parents saying " what's this Mummy" flash bang no more kids, come on Dave, lateral thinking

Think there's more chance of a dog getting a jolt, it being a lamppost and all that. :rolleyes:

But that said, there's no excuse for putting something or someone in danger. Its their carpark for their customers, they do have a duty of care, regardless of how obvious the danger is.

You don't like kids, do you, Dave?
Yes, children SHOULD'NT play in car parks, but they DO. After the shops are closed, the car park will become a cycle/skateboard park... Or football pitch. I can see that orange netting being uprooted to become a goal net.
That's the risk assessed.

Reply to Shoddy work in carpark!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net