Discuss Shooping with your other half, if you have one in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Picture the scene, sat quietly watching the news this morning, her in doors had made the Breakfast, two boiled eggs, toast, Marmalade, did you enjoy that my love? I should have sussed, something was afoot, in the household, it wasn't until she had done the washing up, made a cup of Coffee, I suddenly got the, " can we go to the curtain shop some time today my Love" then it hit me bribery at it's best, a good job the curtain shop was next door to the big Orange shed I would have gone frantic. Anyone else got any near misses?.

Is Shooping when they get you to go with them and buy shoes and you have to say they look great?
No Mate shopping is when you visit the shop they want to go to, can't find what they want, spend another hour visiting more shops, only to end up back where you started, buying the first thing she laid eyes on.
Getting home, only to be asked if we could go back to the first shop because she doesn't like what she bought, and wondering why you get upset.

My Mrs has bought new carpet, sofas and curtains for the living room this week....and it's only Tuesday :confused: moaning at me to put the TV on wall but doesn't understand that it's not just a case of putting a bracket up as I've got to move the sky box, add a high level socket, clip a new shotgun up to the dish, fill the chase, paint the wall etc....going to put the apprentice on it Thursday whilst she's at uni then take the credit for doing it :D. Her excuse is got every one over for Christmas so wants it looking nice :eek:

My Mrs has bought new carpet, sofas and curtains for the living room this week....and it's only Tuesday :confused: moaning at me to put the TV on wall but doesn't understand that it's not just a case of putting a bracket up as I've got to move the sky box, add a high level socket, clip a new shotgun up to the dish, fill the chase, paint the wall etc....going to put the apprentice on it Thursday whilst she's at uni then take the credit for doing it :D. Her excuse is got every one over for Christmas so wants it looking nice :eek:

My missus had me wall mount the TV when our son was born so it was out of the way/wouldn't get damaged/wouldn't fall on him. I did a great job, chased in a socket and an AV outlet half way up the chimney breast. Now she's nagging me to move the TV back into the corner of the room! I have pointed out that the chimney breast will look daft with a socket etc in the middle of it, she doesn't care, thinks it's a five minute job to remove everything.

Is Shooping when they get you to go with them and buy shoes and you have to say they look great?
Yes....it's also wise to throw in an occasional "Oh no, they don't look right" otherwise if you say everything looks great, then they realise your not really paying attention!

I was on grocery shopping , police duty today .
Take daughter to do grocery shopping with wifes money .
( Keep her out of clothes section at super market )
Over spend = £7 ...very good , compared with leaving her to it !
(approx 10% error) .... I felt Empowered
( I do get suspicious what the day has " In-Store-for-Me" if I get fried breakfast )

Last edited:
...Look at Pete,using a post to show off,about having posh gear,like curtains and marmalade...;)
Oh by the way the Marmalade was a Whiskey flavored one, as for the curtains they were Nets, to go between the Drapes and the triple glazed windows, just thought you would like to know PEG:tongue:

i hate net curtains. like having spider webs across the windows. and i'm surprised at yopu pete. still wearing Drapes. they went out in the 70's with Showaddy waddy.

And on Mumsnet there is a similar thread about husbands who are sparkz...........

You lot just ended up with the wrong woman, half of you lot should be married to each other, ooooh can I touch your tool, only if your hands are are clean vicar.... :D:D:D:D

Oh by the way the Marmalade was a Whiskey flavored one, as for the curtains they were Nets, to go between the Drapes and the triple glazed windows, just thought you would like to know PEG:tongue:

...I don't know what three of them things are? :)

When my eldest has finished playing with his hoop n stick,i'm geting the street costamonger to explain how this shopping thing works...

...I don't know what three of them things are? :)

When my eldest has finished playing with his hoop n stick,i'm geting the street costamonger to explain how this shopping thing works...
Go into this big building, get a wire trolley thingy, fill it full of stuff, like cornflakes meat, you know stuff you stuff in your face when you get a rumbling sensation, or in mine and Tel's case go right to the end of the big building where there are lots of bottles of stuff, Red, White and Pink, Tel will be different he like bottles of stuff that come in boxes, lots of different makes colours etc.
Then you go to the place where you hand over lots of pennies you have earned during the week before, give this to the Lady sitting behind the counter, put all your stuff in bags, put it back in the trolley, you took it out of 15 minutes ago, put the stuff into your van, take it home, eat some of the stuff, drink most of the stuff in the bottles, sit there felling full up and slightly Rat assed, wondering what do I have to do next week to repeat the adventure in the big building next week, and the week after, and on and on. There are several occasions where the experience will be different Like Christmas, Birthdays, anniversaries, if you are lucky enough to remember them, deep joy all around really, that's shopping.

Grocery shopping ? Balls to that.
When we used to do it we used to do a huge shop so we didn't have to go more than once a month. Not been for years though. It costs a couple of quid to get it delivered. Job done. No trolley rage, no fluorescent lit hell hole, no car park rudeness, no screaming kids.

if you think grocery shopping is bad, try getting dragged round handbag/shoe/dress shops. then there's TK Mixx, garden centres, home furnishing stores. pure hell on earth. i've wiped cheshire oaks and trafford centre out of the sat navs' memories.

if you think grocery shopping is bad, try getting dragged round handbag/shoe/dress shops. then there's TK Mixx, garden centres, home furnishing stores. pure hell on earth. i've wiped cheshire oaks and trafford centre out of the sat navs' memories.

No chance of that either. I have a lass that embraces the internet for nearly all her shopping needs. Not on the internet ? Well she has her own money and her own feet so no sense in dragging me along.

Now should she want to drag me out like last Saturday when we went for a walk to a local bar and idled away a few hours with drinks and food in the sunshine, she's got all of my attention and money she could ask for.

No chance of that either. I have a lass that embraces the internet for nearly all her shopping needs. Not on the internet ? Well she has her own money and her own feet so no sense in dragging me along.

Now should she want to drag me out like last Saturday when we went for a walk to a local bar and idled away a few hours with drinks and food in the sunshine, she's got all of my attention and money she could ask for.
Lucky Fella then?

Reply to Shooping with your other half, if you have one in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock