Discuss short on members come a join us in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
had a call from stroma .we rang you last year ,can you remember .mmm.
no . you where going to change to us .mmm no .
would you like to join us ,considering the your scam has but the price up
mmm,. I under stand the price difference between a good steak and a donkey ear . the answer is no I will not change .
the scam that I'm with are fair. and the test engineer we get on with each other . so why should I change .

I've heard some good reports about Stroma from quite a few respected members over the years.

How much cheaper are they? I assume you're with NICEIC at the moment? Are they actually worth the extra?

I've read that Stroma's customer services, tech help, on-line certs etc is not that good. As someone said recently, its only another £4 a week for the other schemes. So if the previous mention stuff, is no concern for you, why pay more.

I expect they are all much the same. I'm sure NICEIC have cold called before.

The only differences of any real meaning between any of them boil down to 2 things in my opinion.

1. Stroma are the cheapest and therefore the best for most smaller sparks
2. The NICEIC are best if you work for larger building companies (as LEE said in above post)

I've heard some good reports about Stroma from quite a few respected members over the years.
You will, anyone in it will say it is good, but it is just the cheapest, they all are similar, vertually impossible to fail an assessment

The NICEIC approved contractor status can be useful if on commercial or industrial works as a lot of big business like to use contractors who are approved, the DI side is just like the other schemes, total rip off and pointless.

I was with Elecsa for best part of ten years, Stroma cold called me 3 years ago and said they charged half as much for the same thing, so at renewal I switched to them. Been with them for 3 years on Thursday 21st, had surveillance visit, they have always been thorough efficient assessments and the same chap on each occasion who is a really nice guy. I cannot fault the service one bit, although I've never used the certificates from them so can't say if what I have also heard is true about how crap they are!
Sy

Reply to short on members come a join us in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net