Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doesn't look too bad with what you had to work with, I prefer to leave a little more length on the cables, I prefer the tails from the bottom looped into main switch so it is impossible for them to be pulled out no matter how much downward force you put on them .

- - - Updated - - -

And yes I meant the black marks

Ooops ya will be on about my black markings on e live cores haha? Apart from that, what's your opinions on my board? :/

Neat enough. Maybe leave a bit more free length where possible (I know it sometimes isn't). How did you achieve the specified IP rating where you brought your tails in at the top? My preference is to avoid bringing cables in through the top surface or, if necessary, add a piece of trunking above to preclude finger access to the top surface of the CU enclosure.

I'll have to remember about the black stripes if I want to mark up cores for when my sheath markings are out of sight. Quite a neat idea. I notice that you changed your mind over the positioning of CBs 2 and 3.

Edit: Just noticed what lookes like a big rectangular hole in the bottom face. How did you cover this to stop finger access?

Edit 2: There don't appear to be enough CPC terminations for the number of final circuits?

Last edited:
A small fire alarm panel changeover we completed a couple of years back.
The room where the panel is located is not waterproof by any means. Usually when it rains outside, it rains inside too. (including above the panel)
Needless to say, the site will not weatherproof the building as they plan to pull it down in a few years, but they have to have a fire alarm system as it covers more than just this area.

Before:
DSC_0419.jpg

Panels designed and built in the office prior to taking to site:
DSC_0412.jpg

Last stages of install and commissioning: (prior to the arrival or replacement interface units and a glass windowed door for the right hand side box)

DSC_0439.jpg

Nice Mx setup, and good solution to the water problem, out of interest, are the din loop controllers switching plant, as there is a lot of them. Or are they being using as zone monitors into an existing old conventional system.

The box on the left has a mixture of Din rail I/O's and Zone Monitors.
The zone monitors are used to pick up all of the old non addressable zones.
The I/O's are used to signal a fire condition for each zone and general fault back to the security control room via an old network alarm module located nearby.

In the box on the right above the MX panel is an advanced sounder booster card with 2x 4 way sounder circuit controllers.

That's a really nice install Sythai, defiantly one to be proud of and use as advertisement.
Out of interest, what light switches and LED drives did you use?

That's a really nice install Sythai, defiantly one to be proud of and use as advertisement.
Out of interest, what light switches and LED drives did you use?

Many thanks.... majority of it was controlled by a Lutron Grafik Eye system, various different drivers all sourced/ spec'd by the customer

Wow sythai that looks great. Where did you get tiles from

Thank you..... It was from a company called Lite Tile (if you look on their website they also have a picture uploaded of the same job)

Illuminated kitchen splashbacks | LED Architectural Lighting | Glass Splashbacks | LiteTile

Looks very slick indeed - just out of curiosity, what do they do for socket outlets - are they on one of those stick thingies that pop up?

Good question is a bit sparse I know what you mean.... in the tumble unit at the end (far left of lite tile) there are 2 x doubles in there and 1 x double under the island

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net