Discuss shower isolator in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is it ok to put the shower isolator anywhere?
How about outside in the meter cupboard?
Just upgraded a ccu. The shower circuit was not part of the old fuse box, buut took a feed from term blocks into which were the main tails. These went into a 35a fuse switch then to the shower.
I need to take the feed from a 40a mcb to the old 35a. It would make sense to rejoin using an isolator but i'm unsure about location.
Hope this makes sense.
thanks

You need to put the isolator in a place that makes its intention easy to work out. Whats the point in having an isolator next to the board? You might as well use the mcb/fuse.

The isolator needs to wherever the shower is, under the control of anyone working on the shower or lockable to prevent the pixies energisising the cct while you have the live conductor in your hand, mouth or down your trousers.

Ignore me, I'm an idiot. There's an isolator upstairs.
Got thinking about the joint too much and missed the bigger picture.
Just a junction box in the meter cupboard needed

Reply to shower isolator in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi ive got an unused isolator in my airing cupboard that use to run a shower. no longer have has have combi boiler feeding a new shower. the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Went back it a house after they upgraded shower to a 9.8kw, pulling 40a constant. We had wired it with 10sq and 40a RCBO. 10sq Neutral cable...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock