Discuss Shower Location Question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Will anybody be able to help me out with this question? Regarding locations containing a bath or shower, additional protection by RCDs to regulation 415.1.1 of the 17th edition regs states. The use of RCD with a current rating not exceeding 30 mA and an operating time not exceeding 40ms at residual current of 5 1Δn.

Is this telling me that the reading on my meter when testing the RCD covering the circuit is less than 40ms on the x5 setting?

Thanks in advance for any advice on the matter.

for most applications, a 30mA RCD must trip in <40mSec. @ 5 x Δn. bathrom is no exceptoin.

Hi everybody,

Will anybody be able to help me out with this question? Regarding locations containing a bath or shower, additional protection by RCDs to regulation 415.1.1 of the 17th edition regs states. The use of RCD with a current rating not exceeding 30 mA and an operating time not exceeding 40ms at residual current of 5 1Δn.

Is this telling me that the reading on my meter when testing the RCD covering the circuit is less than 40ms on the x5 setting?

Thanks in advance for any advice on the matter.

Attachments

• RCD TIMES.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Seeing's though we're all getting a bit picky - its Xmas, peace on earth, good will to all men & all that :); the OP's title is referenced by reg 701.411.3.3. Which itself refers to reg 415.1.1. using them thereof. The aforementioned reg, refers to low voltage circuits. Just getting in practise for me 18th exam, book reading skills.

'What's it all about Alfie slightly/clueless'?

Reply to Shower Location Question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net