Discuss shower problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bally m

any info on following problem is much obliged :TN/C/S earthing system electrical relation of mine has on his own shower disconnected the neutral from neutral bar and connected it to the earth bar and is also no longer rcd protected . his reason for doing this is he says the usage of electricity is reduced and the ct breaker 45 amp will compensate . i ve neariy shoved the on site guide into his face in temper at the stupidity but in his world he is always right .an example of the mentality is a couple of months ago iwent to a friends house where the smell of gas coming from the back of the cooker was terrible i was told the relation had just been and his method for cheaking for leaks was to use a lighter when its a gas bottled supplied cooker .any other info in relation to shower problem apart from code 1 violation (not rcd protected )l

stay away! if you do any work there, and then he tampers with it, guess who'll get the blame for the fire/injury/etc.

I would love to know his theory of how it saves electric as the shower draws exactly the same current and the meter will read the same current used as it only monitors the phase, and the neutral is internally linked through in the meter. His crazy method has also put the lives of the ppl in the property at risk, albiet it will work fine if their are no faults on the installation their are very good reasons for Earth and Neutral been seperate entities in a installation and violating this could see pipework, sinks taps etc well anything earthed becoming a return path with the potential to cause serious injury or death if the installation had for example a loose main earth or a neutral problem.
I recommend you print this post out and show him as his stupid unfounded ideas will get someone killed but then again it sounds like his heads well and truely stuck up his own ar.... and he would only turn it back on you and say i with my 20 yrs experience and all my qualification must have got it wrong and i must be full of sh.., ask him to explain his theory as ive got a feeling he cant.
Dont you think if his dumb ar.. idea actually worked it would be well known and all over the internet and also the domestic user death rate from electric shock would increase dramatically but i must bow down to him for acting on one of the dumbest ideas ive ever heard.

Last edited:
another candidate for the Darwin Theory

Yes think hes still in the chimpanzee period of evolution, he can hold a tea party but dont give hime a screw driver...

Reply to shower problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net