Discuss shower tripping out in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jodie

hi to all, i have just registered and very new so please be gentle with me!!
just a general querry my shower has started tripping out when in use but when i wiggle the ceiling pull cord about it comes back on been going on for about 3 wks now and tripping more and more only coming back on now for few seconds at a time compared to going off once when it started happening, i am getting anxious when my children are using it so think i need an eletrician.however i am scared about being ripped off as i know nothing on what to expect price wise... have been left in a mess beginig of year when got a plumber from rated tradesmen paid out twice as needed someone to correct their job! any advice would be very much appreciated

sounds like the pull switch or burnt terminations. do not use the shower. there is a serious fire risk there. if it's supplied by a breaker, then turn off the breaker. if a fuse, pull the fuse out. a sensible price for replacing the pull switch would be around £80 - £90. assuming everything else was OK.

if you post your location, there's probably one of us close enough to youm to sort it for you.

oh god im scared!!! my bathroom lights have been flickering these last two nights is it linked do you think? so sorry so sound so dumb but supplied by breaker?? fuse?? lost not sure what you mean sorry its just a plastic box attached to my ceiling with a little red light and cord? thanks for your reply
oh im in lancashire pr area...

You'll have a consumer unit aka distribution board aka fuse box that supplies all the circuits in your house. Identify which is the shower and either switch the circuit breaker off or pull the fuse. If in doubt there must be someone on here near you who can help you.

by PR, i assume preston.a bit too far for me to make it a fair and economical job. sure there's somebody nearer to you. your first main concern is not to use the shower till it's been fixed.

right ok yes theres a cuboard in my living room with electric box and black flick switches on its covered by a clear plastic case - must be this
will deff not use my shower till its been looked at
yes im chorley nr preston thankyou though for thought

Reply to shower tripping out in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock