Discuss Siemens 3ph DB - replacement mcb & rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, the breakers for the Siemens DB I'm working on are now obsolete. I'm trying to get confirmation if there are other compatible mcbs and rcbos for the board ( it's a Siemens ODB 100 SW Series A db) and hopefully there is a photo of an existing mcb below. Siemens UK have been unhelpful
Cheers.

View attachment 35177

Can't help mate, but Siemens are a business if they can't flog you any replacement parts, they sure as hell can supply you wit a complete new board, until that runs out of production in the next 6 months or so.

Can't help mate, but Siemens are a business if they can't flog you any replacement parts, they sure as hell can supply you wit a complete new board, until that runs out of production in the next 6 months or so.

Ain't that the truth. There's a fair amount to do on this job and I'm trying to avoid them having to fork out for a new board ( they already need a new panel board), but I need a few mcbs and rcbos which will fit, to make this happen.

@polo1 You can still get them mate, I bought some a few months back, slightly more than your average mcb but still obtainable. I got mine through my local Electric Center who I think dealt with siemens direct.
I have a customer with 3 x 3phase boards full of single mcb's which I am ripping out in the next couple of months but it is whether you could wait that long.

@polo1 You can still get them mate, I bought some a few months back, slightly more than your average mcb but still obtainable. I got mine through my local Electric Center who I think dealt with siemens direct.
I have a customer with 3 x 3phase boards full of single mcb's which I am ripping out in the next couple of months but it is whether you could wait that long.

Thanks mate, interesting to hear that you got some recently; tbh Siemens were less than interested when I phoned - think I'll try again. Thanks too for the offer; think the customer is keen to get the work done asap due to insurance implications, but I'll give you a pm if that changes.

Reply to Siemens 3ph DB - replacement mcb & rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net