Discuss Siemens RWB29 programmer wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anybody give advice on the following, please?

Have fitted all my radiators with thermostatic radiator valves, so wish to remove the room stat from the hallway.

Would like to alter the central heating wiring to remove the section that is shown wired to the room stat. Can I just disconnect the wires or will I have to loop in the junction box to keep the system working? The attached wiring diagram shows how it is at the moment.

The programmer is a Siemens RWB29 on a Mid-position fully pumped system.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Mickyboy.

1230.jpg

The radiator in the room with the wallstat is not meant to have a trv so not sure if anyone will help you connect things up incorrectly.
I believe it is obligatory / good practice to have a wallstat.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The reason for changing to TRV’s on the radiators in each room around the bungalow is that we can control each room to a various individual temperature for that room and not being controlled by one room stat in the hallway, and every time the external door is opened it makes the boiler fire up. Also, the room stat is in the hallway near one of the lounge doors and when we have the log gas fire on for extra warmth on really cold nights the room stat switches the boiler off and the other rooms become cold.

I took advice for this from Warmastyle radiators. However, they were not prepared to give advice about the wiring to remove the room stat.

Once again thank you for your reply.

Mick.

You can't remove the roomstat without contravening building regulations, and they do make the heating system more efficient, so I wouldn't recommend you remove it.

However, for the roomstat to work properly it needs to be installed in the room with the slowest heating response (and not in a room with another heating appliance, e.g. the lounge or the kitchen). Generally this will be the hallway.

If you have a TRV on the radiator in the Hallway, turn it up to full. If the Hallway is the room with the slowest heating response, it will be the last room to come up to temperature, and the TRVs will have shutoff in all the other rooms. The roomstat will turn the boiler off when the Hallway is up to temperature.

You should close the door between the lounge and the hallway where the roomstat is.

Hope this helps

Hi,that Warmastyle radiator company,are some bunch....if indeed they at the root of this conundrum:)

Reply to Siemens RWB29 programmer wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net