Discuss Siemens Stratum 200 consumer unit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Craig2022

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I am looking for someone that knows of an RCBO which will fit in an old Siemens Stratum 200 consumer unit, need something I can go to wholesalers and buy on Monday.

I have uploaded a picture of the consumer unit and also a picture of a Siemens RCBO next to one of the breakers from the Stratum 200, the problem with the RCBO on show is the load comes from the bottom, which means cutting the busbar which I would prefer not to do.

Anyone who has worked within such a board and knows of any alternatives that fit in the board please message asap!

Thanks.

D0B3D9C0-266F-4F3A-A6EE-C265BBE71317.png

D65E2EEC-0838-4F6F-B3A5-AD8B7263E0C8.jpeg

RS Components are showing single pole Stratum 200 rcbos, must admit I did not think they existed.

Why would this be?

The original Siemens 5SU3 rcbo came with the load terminals at the bottom of the device, with the supply to the rcbo needing to come from the top.

Only option to use something like the would be to remove the busbar, so you can sit the rcbo and you are then able to connect your load into the device, then taking a feed from the main switch to the rcbo in the terminals given at the top of it?

If you advise against this please say as I am assuming this was how you would power these things up?

Thanks

Why would this be?

The original Siemens 5SU3 rcbo came with the load terminals at the bottom of the device, with the supply to the rcbo needing to come from the top.

Only option to use something like the would be to remove the busbar, so you can sit the rcbo and you are then able to connect your load into the device, then taking a feed from the main switch to the rcbo in the terminals given at the top of it?

If you advise against this please say as I am assuming this was how you would power these things up?

Thanks
A compatible device will fit with no adaptations.

The seimens device you have found was either for a different board, or maybe a three phase board, those breakers do look very similar to OLD mk.
you need to do what whoever before you has done and put an rcbo or rccb in an enclosure adjacent, don't go bodging about with the busbar ffs

I am looking for someone that knows of an RCBO which will fit in an old Siemens Stratum 200 consumer unit, need something I can go to wholesalers and buy on Monday.

I have uploaded a picture of the consumer unit and also a picture of a Siemens RCBO next to one of the breakers from the Stratum 200, the problem with the RCBO on show is the load comes from the bottom, which means cutting the busbar which I would prefer not to do.

Anyone who has worked within such a board and knows of any alternatives that fit in the board please message asap!

Thanks.

View attachment 38707

View attachment 38708
Found your request while searching a similar issue. Did you ever find a solution? The Hager ADA332G appears to be a possibility.

Reply to Siemens Stratum 200 consumer unit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net