Discuss Sign my own commercial testing work after 2394-2395 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there, I have pass the 2394-2395 exam this week and I want to start to sign my own comercial work.
Can I issue EIC and EICR before join in an electrical scheme?.
What insurance do you recommend for me?
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
You can complete electrical installation certificates and Electrical installation condition reports.

The completion of these certificates is a requirement of the wiring regulations and is not associated with any electrical scheme (except in the minds of the scheme providers).

Building regulations compliance /completion certificates for domestic work issued by building control (nominally) are the subject of self certification schemes by providing a cheaper way to notify work (where required).

Insurance for electrical work would normally be public liability insurance; insurance to cover you for your professional opinion when issuing EICRs might require professional indemnity insurance as well.

You can complete electrical installation certificates and Electrical installation condition reports.

The completion of these certificates is a requirement of the wiring regulations and is not associated with any electrical scheme (except in the minds of the scheme providers).

Building regulations compliance /completion certificates for domestic work issued by building control (nominally) are the subject of self certification schemes by providing a cheaper way to notify work (where required).

Insurance for electrical work would normally be public liability insurance; insurance to cover you for your professional opinion when issuing EICRs might require professional indemnity insurance as well.

Thank you very much Richard.Then First at all I will get my public liability insurance and my professional indemnity insurance as well and then I will can start to complete my certificates. If I am going to do only comercial and industrial work, for what I need to join into a scheme?.Thank you very much.

Last edited:
You will only NEED to be in a scheme if the customer specifies it as a requirement for working on their installations.
Thank you very much, my constumer do not need that I form part of a scheme. I am going to do the EIC and I will get the insurance.

Reply to Sign my own commercial testing work after 2394-2395 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock