Discuss Signing off work. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AdamDee

Good morning guys,

I wanted to find out if I can sign off my own work even if I'm not with a scheme?

I work full time for a company but do the very odd job on the side at weekends, a friend built a garage and asked me to wire up a few sockets and a light circuit for him.

I completed the work and signed off the garage, He has since got the LABC out to inspect the garage and they have email me asking for my quals and CV, and said they couldn't find any details of me being part p etc.

My quals are 2330, 2392 test and inspection and 17th edition but I was informed by other domestic sparks that you can sign of work unless its a special location then you need to be part p?

So my question is can I sign it off? and if not will I get done for signing it off etc?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

there are 2 distinct scenarios with notifiable work. normally, you would need to be in a scheme such as niceic/elecsa/napit. or pay LOABC their exhorbitant fee. in your case, however, as it's a new-biuld garage, it will have been subject to LABC having already raised a building notice. giving them a copy of your quals. should suffice and then they just want a copy of your EIC.

Reply to Signing off work. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In 2019, I had a lot of renovation work done including a full re-wire of our three storey house. Before the re-wire was finished, we parted...
Replies
Views
I have recentley added a porch to my house it did not require building regs due to my original door stopping in place. The electrician has...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, if I’m qualified JIB gold and wanted to sign off someone’s work and certify it for say a landlord can I? Even I’m not part of NAPIT or the...
Replies
Views
This is a strange one, my neighbour is a bit mad, he had a largish extension built in about 2015, the builder attempted to do everything including...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock