Discuss Silly Arse. Was it "get me out of here?" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what happens to him.

I don't care what happens to him, provided he gets the same penalty as anyone who is not a so-called "celebrity"...ugh!
Two of the luckiest Guys in the Entertainment business, personally I don't rate them at all, and what pirate said is correct, I hope they throw the bbok at him, celrbmy backside.

Personally I like the lads, 2 working class men who made it in the industry and who are not big headed. Anthony clearly has issues, obviously it has started with the marriage trouble he had. Then after coming out of rehab his wife left him. He now has the press all over him regarding a fling with whats her name from goggle box, which isn't true because she has a boyfriend, the lad needs a break IMO. He needs to walk away from TV for a year and to pull himself together.

Now that said he did Drink and Drive, I hate that, the book needs to be throw at him for that and this should be the start of his recovery, No one should be above the law, he needs a heavy fine and 18 months ban at the very least IMO.

Good luck with your recovery though Lad.

I don't care what happens to him, provided he gets the same penalty as anyone who is not a so-called "celebrity"...ugh!

That's what I was getting at mate. I'm with you on this.

I don't want to preach on drink-driving...my concern is not for this man, nor any other man or woman who drives while over the limit...purely for those who might be injured or killed.
If that is the only thing that makes folks think twice before risking it, it should be enough.
As many of you will know, the limit in Scotlad is lower than in England, 50 vs 80. This has had a noticeable effect on many leisure activities, but it's probably a good result overall.
I am not anti-drink, far from it...but I sometimes think that if someone thought about the consequences properly, they wouldn't drink and drive...trouble is, that decision has to be made before you go on a night out, before judgement is impaired.
I play the "price vs life" game...I go for a meal out, a few drinks, and I know the bill is going to be quite a few quid...why risk your life, your job, other people's lives for a £20 taxi ride? Imagine if you woke up in the morning after your arrest and could wind the clock back a few hours, pay £100, and get home safely for you, your family and everybody else...
You'd pay thousands to wind that clock back, yes?
The lower limit in Scotland catches many "morning after" cases too...I have an electronic breathalyser which I use every morning if I have had a few drinks the night before (pretty much every morning!) and it has opened my eyes to how long it takes to lose the alcohol from your system.
I'm a fan of drink, and a fan of driving, but I remind myself that these days even a small drink will put you over...if a child cycles out in front of you, well it may not be your fault...but if there's a whiff of booze on you, you have fkd up...

Celebrities, please note!

Sermon over, but if you have been..thanks for listening!
(The more senior amongst you will note the Alistair Cooke reference):)

Where I grew up they changed from the higher to lower limit maybe 30 years ago. It took a few years, but no prizes for guessing more people are alive and healthy because of it.

I'd say from his face/eyes, he looks a bit more than "just over" the limit...

VOLUME WARNING... (horn is stuck on)

edit: I was confused by this video at first, the papers showed a green mini, but that's the one he hit first, in the background of this video.

Reading the Sun's link there.... First line says he failed roadside breath test, later in the story its "alledged drink driving" Make up your mind.

Benefit of the doubt. He's just crashed his car, no wonder he looks a little shaken.
Do you think his mum would have got in the car with him if he was that inebriated?

Drink driving is bad, no disagreement there. It happens every day, but because he's a celeb, he gets unfair media attention and the story gets exaggerated.
He will go to court like any other member of the public and be dealt with the same way. He wont get let off, IF he's guilty. Probably a fine and points on license, same as anyone else.

that's how it should be. he should be treated same as any other driver. no favours but no excessive penalty just because of who he is.

Ouch! That’ll smart!
Which will mean SFA to him will it?
Sorry said it before these two guys have bee so lucky, when you consider what most Trademen have to do to earn a decent wage, I have no sympathy for him, he has an addiction, get it sorted move on, I'm sure they will both be back earning Mega bucks before we know it.

Reply to Silly Arse. Was it "get me out of here?" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock