Discuss Simple alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
1st off if it was a simple alarm problem i would have ot sorted and it would no longer be a problem!! Here we go...was sent today to install a simple alarm to alert a shop whem its back doors are opened. 2 rear doors. Both fitted with door contacts. 1 transformer. 1 small control panel with simple key on and off. A sounder is placed in shop.
basically have got power to panel but thats about it. Have wired everything in as i believe is corect, obviously wrong otherwise it would be working. I have tried adding a photo of the panel which hopefully will help. Iv tried to explain as much as i can before all the u useless £&!?£'ard comments. Did try the alarm section but is locked to me.
thanks in advance for any useful help n advice
cant seem to upload photo
iv taken power to the panel, then a cable from each contact back to panel then 1 cable to sounder. Which terminals would i connect sounder to on panel? And panel has 2 alarm terminals a and b. Somebody has told me to put both cables from contacts into same alarm a terminals. Does that sound right?
appologies again. If i could get a photo on it might help alot more. Picture paints a thousand words an all that!!
thanks again. Sorry about the essay!
imagejpeg
imagejpeg

Last edited:
Click on image icon...top 3rd icon from left. choose file from you computer the upload.

Back to issue...what make/model panel have you installed...?

Did just add a photo. Doesnt seem to have worked. Im using ipad at moment. Not sure of exact model sorry. It more than likely a cheap as chips generic panel. All it has on it is a ket on and off with a green power led and 2 red fault leds for alarm 1 and alarm 2. Cant see that helping but who knows!!

Hi mate,
Have you tried opening both doors at the same time?
If you have wired both door contacts in parallel to the same set of contacts and only open one door, the closed door will be telling the system that the contacts are still closed.

Right this was what i was thinking tbh. Would need to wire in series to alert the panel that a door is actually open. 1 small step! Did however try with just the 1 contact wired in but door opening wasnt setting off the sounder. This is why im thinking iv wired it incorrectly. If i cud get a photo up im sure youll see str8 awaymy probable mistake. Still trying...

ok will take a wild guess.....2 cables come back from each door contact, twist and terminal one cable from each contact together....connect the remaining cables into alarm A & B

Reply to Simple alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net