Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Simple Question caravan Parks in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. monkee

monkee Guest

If you had to design a caravan park from scratch would you wire all pitches as radial circuits or would you do a ring and run say six off a loop

pros and cons me thinks single supply to each one any thoughts please.

2. needasparks

needasparks Electrician's Arms

If a fault appears everyone loses power could be one answer but mostly it would be easier for metering and supply surely to be radials.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  3. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

On larger installs I'm a fan of the ring main set up personally.

There are many factors to consider here though, as a spark I'm sure you are aware of them and will install a system accordingly.

4. needasparks

needasparks Electrician's Arms

I know you have quite a few setups around near you Lenny, what is the favoured option on existing sites.

5. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

A ring is the better option, you can probably get away using smaller cables than with radials. But all of course, Depends on many factors, that we can't comment on because you haven't given any information!!

6. monkee

monkee Guest

Hi Lenny and others cheers for your thoughts

I have two customers who have a ring network and spurs of the ring feeding two or three caravans these were done in the seventies with large cables and lots of under ground joints no idea of costs with large incomers RCD protection

some sites are all just singles feeds up to 600 in one area my mind is ticking.

I have a customer who has a few sites and needs some work replacing old cables thay were asking on my thoughts
    i have surgested thay look to a design company so that all the Tees are crossed etc.. ect... any thoughts