Discuss Sincro brushless generator poor regulation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jreg

Hi folks
I have been asked to have a look at a standby brushless alternator(Sincro 25kva). It is used on a dairy farm & is tractor driven. There is a 70v drop when it is supplying 33amps resistive. It is unable to start a 2.2kw motor( volts drop to about 160v). Regulation is controlled by capacitors in parallel, total 145uF. They all measure ok. This is the first of this type of generator that I've met. Has anyone any experience of this type of machine?; the manufacturers (Italian) have not responded so far to my emails.

Has anyone any experience of this type of machine?; the manufacturers (Italian) have not responded so far to my emails.

^ This lol, personally my experience with italian manufactured equiptment is not brilliant. but on a serious note, i havent personally come across these type of generators although i have read somewhere before that using capacitors as regulation is quite a cheap way of regulating the voltage and is widely used in european countries. if you have already checked the capacitors and they test out ok then the only other thing i could suggest is perhaps a quick check of the actual motor being driven? a motor issue could well be causing the capacitors to drag the voltage down as you previously mentioned. hope my limited knowledge of this area helps.

Roady.

Reply to Sincro brushless generator poor regulation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock