Discuss Single Oven / Induction hob diversity in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gringoking88

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been asked to install an induction hob to an existing circuit on a 32amp mcb. The oven is a Siemens HB13NB521B rated at 20amp, the hob is a samsung NZ64H37070K rated at 32amp.

My friend is telling me that he has been told by "the man in the shop" he can run both on the one circuit. I dont believe this to be correct even with diversity.

I believe he needs to run a new circuit from his fuse board for the induction hob

Can you please help clarify if I am right or just plain stupid???

If I am stupid please be nice lol.

Many thanks,

Martin

be fine on the one 32A circuit. 6.0mm cable. allowing for diversity, the design current for both oven and hob together is 23A (28A if the cooker isolator has a 1363 socket outlet).

Reply to Single Oven / Induction hob diversity in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock