Discuss Single Phase reading - 3 Phase readout! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

riotmaster

I have a single phase power/ energy use monitor which is handy for checking how much power a company is using, when etc... very handy... you get the point.

However, as it is only single phase, assuming there is a balanced load across each phase, is it safe to say that if 2.37kW is the average reading for L1, the total of the three phases will be 2.37 x 3 = 7.11?

Not a trick question, just need to be sure I dont have to take any other factors or values into account...

Cheers in advance

Reply to Single Phase reading - 3 Phase readout! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a single phase stainless steel pasteuriser that has two control boxes attached to it. One box houses the control for the electronics and...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
Good morning, So I’m working on an existing 3 phase solar system and the customer wants a way to use the huge mass of exported solar on their...
Replies
Views
Hi, As a DIYer I`ve quite a bit of wiring up domestic house single phase experience but no 3 phase experience. So I have been offered a two post...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock