Discuss Single to double back box converter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Scolmore PATTRESS SURFACE BACK BOX - 1 GANG TO 2 GANG CONVERTOR - https://www.superlecdirect.com/p-prw091-scolmore-pattress-surface-back-box-1-gang-to-2-gang-convertor?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4vzKBRCtARIsAM3l8OBM12DvSZxfW0_k7TMiDyB7N_zcLeFz5u1_mD-qiYFjJ8EspyuiDagaAonUEALw_wcB
or
https://www.screwflix..com/p/schneider-electric-lisse-converter-socket/108ft

Anyone used any of these, I have a customer who wants singles converted to doubles they have no issues with surface mount/don't want dust, or have I just drunk too much beer tonight!?

I’ve used these before, as you can use standard double sockets...just make sure the socket fits the box as it can foul on the arrowed lugs...if you use the same brand it should be ok.
Single to double back box converter 4D9C99B3-572C-41CC-ABC3-58A0F153863D - EletriciansForums.net

Can you rotate the metal bracket through 90 degrees, my back boxes have two vertical screws, got to go back and check if they have 4 x screw lugs or just the two?
Not sure, although looking at the above picture, it appears they are designed to unscrew and rotate.

I would stay clear of those converter sockets, especially Clipsal brand. Every one I’ve ever encounted has been dodgy....either plugs are difficult to insert or the switches tend to fail mechanically.....I remember now I had to replace a load of them and used the converter boxes with a standard double socket.

Have used the schneider one above, works well. if you look at tlc-direct they sell a double white surface box that fixes into the single one in the wall. then use whatever sockets you want. might work out a quid or 2 cheaper if there is a store near you

I've used the schnider ones too and they work well I've also had the mispleasure of using the clipsall ones and they were horrible, way too flexible and difficult to insert and remove a plug, saw many with burnt out pins and non operable switches too.

I've used the Click ones a couple of times, and ended up removing the metal plate. Even using the appropriate Click faceplate, it was rather tight for the cables inside, as they don't terminate where the single back box is. Don't even think of trying to terminate RFC cables.

I’ve done this using normal surface boxes.
Just cut a hole in the middle of the back box pull the cables through and fix the back box using the holes provided.
Think the Marshal Tufflex back boxes have 4 holes, two to the side and the other two top and bottom.

Reply to Single to double back box converter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock