Discuss Site agents rule the world in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Right t...t of a site agent,requesting all workers at all times to wear hard hats,no shorts,he's always right on any works,told him literally to f..k off,real unpleasant site to work on,anyone had the same treatment.
Did you get kicked off site? what sort of site was it?

Yeh just finished on a site the site foreman was really nice. The principal contractor was fine as well. Mind you he had all the electricians jumping through hoops. He came into the unit I was in and said "whats that 6mm² doing supplying the unit?" I said its 16mm². He said no its 6 mm ² He took a piece and stalked off around the the service alley. And other electricians saw him with the cable one of them came to my unit and said - What have you done now? I explained and meanwhile whipped out me micrometer (as you do) proved it was 16mm² by the time he got back. He said "Ah yeh its sometimes difficult to work out what size" I thoroughly agreed, and there was a little bit of tittering. I am not decrying the guy he designed the whole forty units supply and was on the job making sure everyones work was the way he wanted it, after all he is the boss so really all ok.

Right t...t of a site agent,requesting all workers at all times to wear hard hats,no shorts,he's always right on any works,told him literally to f..k off,real unpleasant site to work on,anyone had the same treatment.
Not defending the a for mentioned Site Agent, but if the H&S rules say hard hats and work trousers at all time, then I suppose complaining would only get him worked up. If you were to take a different approach and ask him why you couldn't wear shorts, he may give you a valid reason, telling him to Fox trot Oscar would only make conditions worse, there may be a void reason for the ruling. Yes I have had B,stard site Agents in my time, but these Sods were born like it, everyone called him a B,stard but he knew it.

Not defending the a for mentioned Site Agent, but if the H&S rules say hard hats and work trousers at all time, then I suppose complaining would only get him worked up. If you were to take a different approach and ask him why you couldn't wear shorts, he may give you a valid reason, telling him to Fox trot Oscar would only make conditions worse, there may be a void reason for the ruling. Yes I have had B,stard site Agents in my time, but these Sods were born like it, everyone called him a B,stard but he knew it.
Yea,the reason no one could wear shorts was because of using cement,being a sparky I really use that a lot.

Yeh just finished on a site the site foreman was really nice. The principal contractor was fine as well. Mind you he had all the electricians jumping through hoops. He came into the unit I was in and said "whats that 6mm² doing supplying the unit?" I said its 16mm². He said no its 6 mm ² He took a piece and stalked off around the the service alley. And other electricians saw him with the cable one of them came to my unit and said - What have you done now? I explained and meanwhile whipped out me micrometer (as you do) proved it was 16mm² by the time he got back. He said "Ah yeh its sometimes difficult to work out what size" I thoroughly agreed, and there was a little bit of tittering. I am not decrying the guy he designed the whole forty units supply and was on the job making sure everyones work was the way he wanted it, after all he is the boss so really all ok.
No but felt liked i would of like to,just realised I didn't like him,he didn't like me,he said I had attitude,I've never had attitude in my life.

Yea,the reason no one could wear shorts was because of using cement,being a sparky I really use that a lot.
Maybe not but cement gets every where, don't know how old you are, but you wouldn't want to get cement dust in your knees or on your legs, it burns and isharmful, so I fully agree with agents rules.

No but felt liked i would of like to,just realised I didn't like him,he didn't like me,he said I had attitude,I've never had attitude in my life.
Sorry mate but telling him to FO sounds as if you have got an attitude, sorry if that rankles, but I say it as I see it.

Maybe not but cement gets every where, don't know how old you are, but you wouldn't want to get cement dust in your knees or on your legs, it burns and isharmful, so I fully agree with agents rules.
I'm old Skool,& realise this H & S does not suit all,especially when others are not obeying the rules on other sites.

Been on a few sites like that. To be fair though, most site agents I've worked with have been spot on & good to work with.
Had one site with a total got though, he even created hell because we didn't wear hard hats when working 250' up in the air. Reckoned something could still drop on us, bloody idiot.

Sounds similar,tilers were told to wear hats on the roof,when they complained ,he told them,if you take off your hat,then come down without your hat,you will get a warning ,so keep it on

There are some people who take delight in applying the rules, just because they are in charge. Rules & regulations are there for a reason, its just how they are applied, is an art some people just haven't got. ;)

Depends on the site , most of the sites I worked on you would not need anyone to tell you to wear a hard hat, and it was intant dismissal if you did not have it on.
Shorts are possibly fair enough indoors in a cushy environment , but not really suitable for a construction site or most industrial locations.
Don't forget - he is the man carrying the can if you get hurt.

Reply to Site agents rule the world in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock