Discuss Site temporary re-testing time period question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cobrauk

I have not install site temps for a while so cant find in writing what i think is correct so please help if you can, as I need to have this info to insert into my test certificate.

I am sure that I remember reading somewhere that the site containers offices etc are not glassed as temporary as they do not move around and have fixed wiring from the supply so do not need to be checked every 3 months as lay down in the recommended testing periods for construction sites installations and the 3 month retest time only applies to circuits installed within the new building area IE (temporary sockets, lights, transformer, etc).

Am I correct in thinking this please ?

This always seems to be a unknown. All the retest times that are written are guides only as far as I know. The regs do say it is the installers decision on there knowledge of the installation to determine a suitable re-test period. Any written times from any books are only supposed to be there to guide your decision.

A lot of sites require testing 3monthly to satisfy their own H&S bods. Also insist on tools etc to be PAT 3monthly.
should say that this is for everything on site , cabins offices the lot.

After the initial EIC cert is issued after the set up. Which cert is to be used for the 3 monthly testing?
EICR, like any other periodical.
The aim is to find out if any faults have developed in the interim time period.

I’m sure the OPs case, it’s been tested a number of times in the 9 years since it was first posted

Reply to Site temporary re-testing time period question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net