Discuss skiing/snowboarding in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

cagedanimal2010

evening lads.
hope we are all well,

am toying with the idea of going skiing or snowboarding next year up in scotland, got accommodation so thats no problem, slightly worried about price wise tho as am i going to have to fork out for all the gear?
anyone been before? is it as pricey as it looks??

cheers
danny

Rent all the equipment rather than buy if it is your first time.

I went to Austria last year, skiing for the first time in 12 years. So I hired and borrowed all the equipment as I have bad knees (caused by a skiing accident when I was 14) and a bad pelvis (caused by a drinking accident when I was 19 lol) so I wanted to make sure I was going to be able to ski and enjoy it before I shelled out on anything.

Loved it, spent £600 on gear last week ready for going back again in Feb!

Did skiing when younger snowboarding now going borovets in Bulgaria next jan. Not sure of your location but you could try one of the indoor ski centres chill factor etc. eBay quite good for 2nd hand skis snowboards equip etc

Don't bother with scotland go to europe on a cheap package deal better pistes and lifts etc, going by coach gets you the best value for money though a bit of pain with the 10hrs or so your on them. Went to Tignes this year for 350 quid all in self catering, it was a student holiday mind you. Buying all the gear at the end of the season next year ie april time will mean good deals are abundant. Best advice buy the best boots you can afford then make up all the other gear with second hand and end of season stuff until you want to upgrade.

fare doos;) have you tried the snow domes in either hemel or milton keens fairly fun. Ebay is a really good place for boards and bindings that have literally only been used for a 1 week holiday they can go for as little as 100pounds

Reply to skiing/snowboarding in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock