Discuss Skirting sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

all depends what the customer wants you to do. if he wants them leaving as is, then leave them. if there is danger of the flex being damaged, note it on your cert.

Customer is a landlord who's wanting a safety cert so can rent property out
all sockets at moment are on metal switch boxes in skittings
all are single unswitched sockets

as long as earthing is in order and test results are OK, no problem.

What I was going to do but he said had number of sparks round saying must be pulled out and chasing above or surface boxing above

It is certainly a good idea to raise sockets up to the recommended levels, but in no way MUST this be done.
If you are doing an inspection then the results are as Tel says.

If he wants to move the sockets up then this is a separate issue and can be done.

Iv had that recently client asked if turning some would help It did but with the adaptors for somethings coming out top a couple were left as was

I've known customers to be told that it's a fire hazard as the skirting is wood!!!!

No I wasn't me that told them that either!!!!

Your doing a cu change not a rewire. Note it, recommend to the client that its best that they are relocated to a higher position so not to put strain on any flex and that's it.

I'm sure all this stems from people getting domestic registered from showing a spur in the garage to pass and not actually being on the tools and learning. No good will come of this to the public, we will be viewed as no better than a pikey builder.

Newsome, I hope you put him straight on this.

Reply to Skirting sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net