Discuss SKY HDMI CABLE HELP in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GarryJ

-
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have run a brand new 50ft HDMI cable which is good quality and has built in booster to run from my main sky box which is in another room from the main TV I use. The cable etc is all ok as I have tested it with DVD player and Sky Q box which I took from a neighbour however when I plug this cable into sky all I get is "This display is not compatible with HDCP" however the TV is fine with it when connected to another source.

Can anyone help me? Is there anything I can do or plug into the older style sky box to make it work with this cable?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi there,

I have run a brand new 50ft HDMI cable which is good quality and has built in booster to run from my main sky box which is in another room from the main TV I use. The cable etc is all ok as I have tested it with DVD player and Sky Q box which I took from a neighbour however when I plug this cable into sky all I get is "This display is not compatible with HDCP" however the TV is fine with it when connected to another source.

Can anyone help me? Is there anything I can do or plug into the older style sky box to make it work with this cable?

Thanks in advance for any help

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004F9LVXC/?tag=hotoge-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-A...&qid=1484682432&sr=8-1&keywords=Ckitze+BG-520

Try taking it through a splitter that ignores high band-with digital content protection.

OP if your google 'This display is not compatible with HDCP' you see some other things to try. No wishing to tell you how to suck eggs, have you connected the cable the correct way round?

A friend of mine installed such a cable slightly longer, and has never been able to get it to work. I believe for a cable of 15m, you might need one of those splitters Lee mentioned, possibly Sky trying to stop users doing their own 'multi-room!'.

Have you tried connecting the Sky Q box with a short HDMi to the TV? Sky Q has been giving us lots of problems so I would be looking at that as a problem. Also make sure its not set to 4K as early 4k TV's aren't compatible

Reply to SKY HDMI CABLE HELP in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net