Discuss Sky & Terestrial in bedrooms in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve447

Current set up of Sky + in living room.
There is a terestrial ariel point in the wall but i dont use it as its quite far from the TV so only plug a lead in when and if i require it.
My aim was to connect up the from the ariel point to the sky box, come out of the sky box to a splitter/booster box and run a coax to each room from there.
I know i will only get the same channel on the upstairs TV as in the living room, but will it also send the freeview signal too to the rooms upstairs?

Yeah, output 2 of the sky box will pass through the terestrial ariel signal. As long as you have a seperate freeview tuner in each room you will get full freeview + your sky channel on the anologue tuner. IIRC the default is c68 from the sky box but you can change this in the settings of the sky box.

Thanks Tony
I had this set up in my old house but it was about 8 yrs ago that i ran it so just wanted to check i was right before i did it again. Also the rooms upstairs there didnt have freeview boxes or freeview ready TVs at the time.

Your welcome!

Incidently I use one of these

Everything goes through it and it distributes to the kitchen and bedrooms. It handles the DAB and FM ariel too meaning I only have one cable run to each room and just select the correct termination plate and get TV & FM/DAB. Use the 'double' plate in the main room where the sky box is and it has the connections for the return sky signal, Sat1 & Sat2, TV & FM/DAB. The unit also handles the 9v signal for the sky magic eye to change channel from other rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sky & Terestrial in bedrooms in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net