Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Sky & Terestrial in bedrooms in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. steve447

steve447 Guest

Current set up of Sky + in living room.
    There is a terestrial ariel point in the wall but i dont use it as its quite far from the TV so only plug a lead in when and if i require it.
    My aim was to connect up the from the ariel point to the sky box, come out of the sky box to a splitter/booster box and run a coax to each room from there.
    I know i will only get the same channel on the upstairs TV as in the living room, but will it also send the freeview signal too to the rooms upstairs?

2. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

Yeah, output 2 of the sky box will pass through the terestrial ariel signal. As long as you have a seperate freeview tuner in each room you will get full freeview + your sky channel on the anologue tuner. IIRC the default is c68 from the sky box but you can change this in the settings of the sky box.

3. steve447

steve447 Guest

Thanks Tony
    I had this set up in my old house but it was about 8 yrs ago that i ran it so just wanted to check i was right before i did it again. Also the rooms upstairs there didnt have freeview boxes or freeview ready TVs at the time.

4. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

Your welcome!

Incidently I use one of these

Everything goes through it and it distributes to the kitchen and bedrooms. It handles the DAB and FM ariel too meaning I only have one cable run to each room and just select the correct termination plate and get TV & FM/DAB. Use the 'double' plate in the main room where the sky box is and it has the connections for the return sky signal, Sat1 & Sat2, TV & FM/DAB. The unit also handles the 9v signal for the sky magic eye to change channel from other rooms.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  5. steve447

steve447 Guest

Thanks again Tony, carried out the work at the weeked and all is working well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.