Discuss Slate roof and solar-pv 'in-roof' in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PvNewbie

Hi

I'm looking at doing an in-roof system on a slate roof which is a re-roof. So, I'm wondering if anyone has done this and can offer any advice? I'm yet to talk to my roofers but currently thinking about possible gotchas with thin slate around in-roof frame.

Also, can anyone suggest a good in-roof frame design/manufacturer?

Cheers

We have used the ubbink stuff which is very similar to the renusol gear. Works well and pretty easy to fit (some roof knowledge helps, or a good roofer)

On a slate roof you should think about asking the roofers to use thicker laths or double lath the section NOT covered by P.V. This makes the pv sit a little lower into the roof and looks a million times better.

You will also find you end up with an area at the bottom of the panels where a puddle could form. Do your best to avoid this if possible, puddle = Ice and that could cause problems down the line.

Make sure you get plenty of the hi tack stuff, and wear gloves when using it. I really, really doesn't come off!

Good luck.

Sound advice from GreggElectrical there, it is difficult to get the in roof systems to look really good (on slate) as without other work, the panels and slate wont sit flush. We stock the Renusol in roof system, if you are local to us (Warwickshire) you are welcome to visit and see how the kit works first hand.

Reply to Slate roof and solar-pv 'in-roof' in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow professionals, I'm currently facing a challenging scenario that involves the integration of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently I had solar panels fitted and realised how they have done it and I hope someone will be able to give me advice how bad and dangrous...
Replies
Views
Greetings, everyone, After dedicating over a month to researching Solar PV systems, I'm nearly ready to make a decision. I owe my progress to...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've had a few discussions recently that have made me realise that I know nothing about lighting. Does anyone have any recommended...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock