Discuss Small commercial office/kitchen lighting advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jakesm20

Hi,

I'm currently changing over some lights in a kitchen and office for a small restaurant.

The kitchen is fitted with IP65 Non-corosive 2x70w T8 florecents. I'm required to change 2 of the 7 fittings but with 2x58w instead. Can someone please help me clarify the amount of light needed?
The two I'm changing are in the sections of the kitchen that aren't used for any real work more for storage so I'm not so concerned, I would just like it clarified and it seems searching the net can be a bit undecisisve.

I'm regards to the office. It's small, has two computers, no windows, no ventilation other than the door that leads into the kitchen. I'm required to install a 1x36w T8. Which I'm a bit weary about, the office isn't used constantly, only for taking orders so someone isn't solidly looking at the screens but when taking in the other factors I need to ask.
Will this light cause issues?

Some say it will some say it won't. I know that category 2 is what's suggested but since screens are brighter these days reflections are less apparent and The light isn't really that bright, Just want some clarification. the office is in poor condition so this light is the least of their problems. The office is about 4x3 meters, the light will always have its defuser on

Any help is very appreciated, thanks.

At the minute they have a pendant with an energy efficient bulb in it, a handy man installed it after a larger light broke. It's far too dim but I knew this wouldn't be much better. It was more to do with price.

As long as there's no regulations stopping me doing it then it's their choice I guess.

Any thoughts on the kitchen lighting? Is there anywhere you can point me to that will clarify the amount of light needed?

Thanks for the help

Reply to Small commercial office/kitchen lighting advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net