Discuss Small power in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lc1

-
Reaction score
I have been given the preliminary design of the small power system for an industrial complex. The design states that a switched fused connection unit should be on its own circuit , would this not normally be part of the ring main? Has anybody seen this before ?

Depends on what load is on the switch fuse, it's a good idea to have them on here own to prevent loading up the ring, especially in a industrial complex where the ring may be getting used extensively for power tools ect. There are many reasons to put the switch fuse in its own circuit.

If that's what the designer/ customer wants, that's what you need to quote for.

The Commercial buildings I work on have many dedicate single SFU circuits.
It's not unusual at all.

Reply to Small power in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock