Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Small PV panels (physical dimensions) in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. TrickyDicky101

TrickyDicky101 Guest

Hi All

Due to space issues, i need small panels on my roof to maximise kWP. The Sanyo N235 and N240 are obvious candidates due to their relatively small sizings but reasonable peak output. Are there any other similarly sized panels out there? Most of the installers I have seen use panels of c. 1.7m X 1m which are simply too large to give me a reasonable system size.

Thanks

Richard

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
  2. hopkins85

hopkins85 Guest

Sharp nu185

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk

3. zapthis

zapthis Guest

what about these ones

Suntech 280w, Bosch Si 195w, Schott Perform Mono 195w,Schott Poly Perform 240w or Romag 6/48P 190w
    all these can be put on Portrait syle or landscape style i think

4. SolarCity

SolarCity Electrician's Arms

The Suntech 280s are huge!

Anyway, there are plenty of panels which are as small as the Sanyo range but you can expect to lose approximately 50w per panel for a similar physical size panel - if you're tight on space then Sanyo is a no brainer really.

5. northernsun

northernsun Guest

There a a number of shorter panels available around the 180-90w. Romag, sharp and yingli do a module that is 1.3 x 1m approx. These have been useful to me in getting 2 rows on a short roof before- There is probably a few more of the same dimensions. There are smaller 140ish modules that are around .7 x 1.5m and I think kioto do a 210w that is 1m x 1.5m (ish)- if it is just trying to get the most in a small space then the Sanyo's are a good bet, but yeah, sometimes the actual dimensions of the module can help. Whats the size/layout of the roof?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  6. TrickyDicky101

TrickyDicky101 Guest

Usable roof area is approximately 2.90m X 8.3m (this is bottom of dormer window to edge of roof X Eastern to Western edge of roof).

Based on size and power constraints I cannot find anything to match the Sanyos as Biggs said above.