Discuss Smart Ceiling Light for Bathroom in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm planning to install a Smart Ceiling Light in my bathroom. One that can be controlled via smartphone/remote for different mood lighting. I've just starting looking into them and I've found ones that also have a built in bluetooth speaker. A nice little extra that I'd be interested in. Here are 2 I found online:

Zon ceiling light with Bluetooth speaker - https://www.lights.ie/zon-ceiling-light-with-bluetooth-speaker-127316-ie-en.html

AEG Bailando LED ceiling light - light and sound - https://www.lights.ie/aeg-bailando-led-ceiling-light-light-and-sound-70761-ie-en.html

Does anyone know anything about these lights or similar ones? Any others you'd recommend? Are there any pros/cons to having them? Also can these types of lights still be turned on via the wall switch or can they only be controlled through the remote/smartphone?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

it's not generally a good idea to take your £500 smartphone into the bath or shower, unless yo have a waterproof one. if you're not in the bath/shower, why the bloody hell do you want the light on?

200 quid and it's only IP20 rated. Not for me that.
I can't imagine the quality of the speaker is going to be that good either.

Think I'll stick with my LED down lighters and bit of dangly string!

if you're not in the bath/shower, why the bloody hell do you want the light on?

Sounds like a good idea to me.... If you are tired of life you can switch the light off while the missus is in the shower. You don't have to move... If you could flush the bog at the same time then that would be even better...

I have a single stereo speaker in my bathroom connected to a Sonos Connect Amp, if you are going to do it then do it properly, mood lighting in the bathroom is a no no unless you want your testicles illuminated in different colours as you shave them.

If your bathroom only requires one light fitting then save up and buy a larger property ;o))))

mood lighting in the bathroom is a no no unless you want your testicles illuminated in different colours as you shave them.

You should try slapping a hand full of imac on them instead...

They are being very helpful, are they :rolleyes:. Never seen that particular luminaire OP.

I know lots of people (on forums) use Philips hue, in fittings. Have you thought about that?

I see you have some issues looking at that pic:D
Generic internet based photo of an iMac, if I posted up what was on my screen then:

1. I would be banned
2. I would be inundated with PM's

and it wouldn't because I have access to the new range of Knipex tools being released for 2019....... ;o))))

I can't understand the obsession for controlling everything from a phone, should they even be called a phone anymore as that's probably the least common use for them. :rolleyes:

it's not generally a good idea to take your £500 smartphone into the bath or shower, unless yo have a waterproof one. if you're not in the bath/shower, why the bloody hell do you want the light on?

You might want to fully understand something before you comment. Its Bluetooth enabled. Bluetooth. I don't even need to bring the phone into the bathroom to pair it with one of these lights. Also to control just the lighting I can use the remote that comes with these, I don't need my phone for that.

But I probably will bring my phone into the bathroom as I often do now. I'm not some idiot who leaves their phone near water or where it can absorb moisture. It's always left in a safe place. It's not exactly a rocket science to know how to keep a phone protected in a bathroom.

No need to be rude. I'm sure Telectrix assumed (like me and probably others) that you were going to want to change tracks and/or lighting settings from your phone whilst on the bathroom.

You asked for opinions /pros/cons, so that is what you have got.

You might want to fully understand something before you comment. Its Bluetooth enabled. Bluetooth. I don't even need to bring the phone into the bathroom to pair it with one of these lights. Also to control just the lighting I can use the remote that comes with these, I don't need my phone for that.

We are sort of old school on here, but I'm changing my opinions on 'smart devices'.

Doesn't have Bluetooth ability, but what about some down lights like these;
http://www.phoebeled.com/index.php/press-releases/product-launch-spectrum-downlight

Reply to Smart Ceiling Light for Bathroom in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock