• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Smart Doorbells - Ring/Comelit Visto in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Is it me or am I missing something...
I've seen quite a lot of these 'smart' doorbells advertised on TV. I have just checked out the price of the Comelit Visto. About £300.
So the idea is to screw a £300 piece of equipment to the outside of your house, near the door.
Wouldn't someone just force the thing off and take it away... Its a bit like people who nick mobile phones..

I had the same reservation yesterday, especially with the local crack heads. I was reassured that the unit has its own serial number which is logged to you upon setup and registration, so its useless to anybody else. Its still a quick way to lose £300 though.

I've been lead to understand that Comelit's model for this product is to go through distribution only and have an installer install it for you, and therefore reinvesting in the trade. Unlike its cheaper competitors. Hence why I was looking at those specifically.

Reply to Smart Doorbells - Ring/Comelit Visto in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back