Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Smart Lighting............. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I know some will likely vomit at this suggestion, but I'm looking for some smart lighting.

I've moved into a new build, and didn't think greatly about the light in our kitchen-diner, likely to be the place we'll spend a lot of time.

Kitchen's fine at the mo, but the dining area has just one lonely pendant. In the long term, I'll likely add some new lighting, but her indoors has decreed none of the ceiling is to be chopped about with.

So in the short term, I've decide on and bought a 3 circuit track. I was going to use some of the Click Smart system to provide the switching/dimming for the track, but I'm now thinking of using Philips Hue lamps/bridge etc.

Has anyone used this stuff that can comment, or have any other suggestions for similar products?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

I'm vomitting at the idea of a new-build!
    1 lonely pendant? builders saving costs?
    Maybe I could meet up with it, the lonely pendant, seeing as I'm one myself!

EDIT: Pedant, Pirate, you're a PEDANT!

3. Midwest

Up yours and P orff back to your hacienda and cheap Spanish plonk. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

New build ... are you totally mad

We have some Philips Hue lamps ..... great inventions ... colour changing types

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

I'm already there, matelot!

6. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Murdoch!! Tut tut...questioning the sanity of a new build?
    You will get pelters for that, you know...LOL!

7. Midwest

Your going in my little black book as well.

On a more sensible note, how bright are their lamps, the GU10's are listed as only 250 lumens?

8. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    it's in oxfordshire though, where they still build with granite blocks 3 ft . thick and roof with straw. their idea of drylining is to chuck mud in the cracks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Midwest

Your only jealous
    upload_2018-9-8_11-18-17.jpeg

10. Midwest

Well if there's no sensible suggestions, I'm just orfff to supervise the peasant, whose come to clean the pool; its full of empty Dom Perignon bottles from last night.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Clearly a nice new-build, but you also clearly lied about the lonely pendant...I can see several! Nice garage, anyway...how about a pic of the house? :)

12. Midwest

I already have, you daft Scotch bloke :)

13. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

I'm so glad to be able to say that I won't report you for that racist remark! After all, it's true!
    But Scottish please...
    As for the pic, clearly I was suggesting that was the garage, not the house...I mean you wouldn't want to live in something so tiny, surely?
    FK me though, it does look tasty!

14. Midwest

Its all right, lighting's **** though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    be honest. that's the hotel you're staying in while the builders trash the house to fix all their bodges.

• Funny Funny x 2