Discuss Smart Lighting............. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know some will likely vomit at this suggestion, but I'm looking for some smart lighting.

I've moved into a new build, and didn't think greatly about the light in our kitchen-diner, likely to be the place we'll spend a lot of time.

Kitchen's fine at the mo, but the dining area has just one lonely pendant. In the long term, I'll likely add some new lighting, but her indoors has decreed none of the ceiling is to be chopped about with.

So in the short term, I've decide on and bought a 3 circuit track. I was going to use some of the Click Smart system to provide the switching/dimming for the track, but I'm now thinking of using Philips Hue lamps/bridge etc.

Has anyone used this stuff that can comment, or have any other suggestions for similar products?

I'm vomitting at the idea of a new-build!
1 lonely pendant? builders saving costs?
Maybe I could meet up with it, the lonely pendant, seeing as I'm one myself!

EDIT: Pedant, Pirate, you're a PEDANT!

New build ... are you totally mad

We have some Philips Hue lamps ..... great inventions ... colour changing types

Your going in my little black book as well.

On a more sensible note, how bright are their lamps, the GU10's are listed as only 250 lumens?

it's in oxfordshire though, where they still build with granite blocks 3 ft . thick and roof with straw. their idea of drylining is to chuck mud in the cracks.

Well if there's no sensible suggestions, I'm just orfff to supervise the peasant, whose come to clean the pool; its full of empty Dom Perignon bottles from last night.

Clearly a nice new-build, but you also clearly lied about the lonely pendant...I can see several! Nice garage, anyway...how about a pic of the house? :)

I'm so glad to be able to say that I won't report you for that racist remark! After all, it's true!
But Scottish please...
As for the pic, clearly I was suggesting that was the garage, not the house...I mean you wouldn't want to live in something so tiny, surely?
FK me though, it does look tasty!

Which brings us back to "smart lighting", rather neatly!
My sis has the Phillips Hue, seems like a good shout, but I have no personal knowledge of installing.

Reply to Smart Lighting............. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net