Discuss Smart meters yes or no? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tom Christopher

Been an electrician for around 10 years and always get asked about my view on smart meters. Which every time I’m asked I say that I’m unsure on the whole matter....

Recently moved house and in the middle of renovating it. Just had a letter through about changing over to smart meters for Gas & Electric

What are people’s thoughts on them?

Not for me. They shouldn't have been rolled out till there was a standard that worked across all suppliers. Plus there should have been a user-accessible isolator, which if I recall was rejected due to cost (or maybe because it hit the revenue of those who charge to fit a separate isolator).

No as well - the advert on the tele that tells people that they can save money by having a smart meter is bunkum.
People have the ability to save money right now by thinking, educating themselves and updating. It doesn’t take a new meter to do that.

Those adverts fry my brains!
They're verging on total lying, which I'm sure is not allowed.
They're are deception at least, I'm amazed they get away with it.

IMGOMO is that what Tarzan used to say to Cheeta the chimpanzee - oh that was UNGAWA! Sorry, carry on berating supposed progress!

Wait - you can’t stop me now I’ve leant the way to link
Umgawa

A bloke at work today told me they are manipulating them and I could agree with him. Before I had one in my old house I was always at 110 quid DD when I moved to a smart meter it went to 130 quid DD. so by me being cautious and watching it constantly it cost me more.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,
I think I may be on the fence with this.
Are you sure? :)

Reply to Smart meters yes or no? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net