Discuss Smart TV or smart Box? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

One of my mates has just treated himself to a Samsung UE46F6400 Smart 3D 46" LED TV for around £600. Had a bit of a play with it for an hour today and I now want one. It can even be linked to a smart phone and mirror the image on the phone. Just got to figure out how to sneak one past Mrs Kamikaze now.:innocent:

A word of warning about Samung - if you have apple products the integration to Samsung TV's is not easy and can result in you having to buy extra kit.

We have 2 x Sony smart TV's and they are excellent. Just make sure that the TV you select has enough HDMI connections to accommodate all your "toys"

One of my mates has just treated himself to a Samsung UE46F6400 Smart 3D 46" LED TV for around £600. Had a bit of a play with it for an hour today and I now want one. It can even be linked to a smart phone and mirror the image on the phone. Just got to figure out how to sneak one past Mrs Kamikaze now.:innocent:

I think the one ive got is the ue32F5500

Wireless with netflix,youtube etc on it and good picture.

Can record tv directly to usb, I put a 64gb usb3 memory stick in mine (£30 or so)

The ue32F5500 is

32inch model number f5500

Yeah, it was a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 he had connected to it. Don’t know much about Apple Gayphones so can’t comment on their compatibility. And he is going to connect a USB external hard drive to record the TV. He’s got a wireless keyboard and mouse and now surfs the net via his couch.
Come to think of it, can anyone recommend a projector. I need to go one bigger than him. :smile:

Yeah, it was a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 he had connected to it. Don’t know much about Apple Gayphones so can’t comment on their compatibility. And he is going to connect a USB external hard drive to record the TV. He’s got a wireless keyboard and mouse and now surfs the net via his couch.
Come to think of it, can anyone recommend a projector. I need to go one bigger than him. :smile:

Optoma hd is cheap and 1080p.

How much you want to spend on projector, a proper projector screen is a worthwhile purchase as well

makesure to buy a spare lamp assembly, its a lot less hastle to swap it than just the lamp

You are never going to believe this. I was just trying to come up with an idea on how to sneak another bit of kit past her indoors when she stated effing and blinding about DVD’s constantly and randomly being ejected from her TV. Told me in no uncertain terms to pull my finger out and get the problem sorted, before she sticks a hammer through it. There really is a god and he’s listening! Probably won’t spend loads on it thou because I’m tight….lol.

Just had a very interesting conversation with my mate about the smart TV. Turns out it keeps tabs on everything you do and tailors your browsing accordingly. That would be the last time I would look for “bash my bishop”. :smile:

Just had a very interesting conversation with my mate about the smart TV. Turns out it keeps tabs on everything you do and tailors your browsing accordingly. That would be the last time I would look for “bash my bishop”. :smile:

Nah thats lg that do that, sends home the name of evey device on network and name of all the files on usb stick etc lol

you might get a voucher for babestation because of whats on yours roflol

I've had a 32" panasonic CRT for 15 years.
I've just lost the green gun.
in the unlikely event I can't fix it then I'll have to buy a flatscreen to keep the missus happy.

We can watch anything we like on it via a netgear digital entertainer with a 500GB HD.

All old tech but coupled with a decent PC we can watch what we want whenever we want.

I've had a 32" panasonic CRT for 15 years.
I've just lost the green gun.
in the unlikely event I can't fix it then I'll have to buy a flatscreen to keep the missus happy.

We can watch anything we like on it via a netgear digital entertainer with a 500GB HD.

All old tech but coupled with a decent PC we can watch what we want whenever we want.

A 32" samsung smart tv can be had for about £279-300 on amazon inc delivery thats what I did with mine.

do not pay for next day unless someone is there all day because it will be delivered from there warehouse direct with one of there drivers

Nah thats lg that do that, sends home the name of evey device on network and name of all the files on usb stick etc lol

you might get a voucher for babestation because of whats on yours roflol

Can you imagine how good babestation will look on a 120 inch projection screen. I’m gonna go blind! :shades_smile:

While your at it have a look at xbmc boxes. You can find them on e bay for about 50 - 70 squid
Amazing never pay to watch another film programmes from all over the world including mucky ones!

Reply to Smart TV or smart Box? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock