Discuss Smoke alarm in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

sajeel

-
Reaction score
Could someone please clarify regs on some alarm and carbon monoxide on hmo properties ? I have heard each room requires a smoke and co2 ? Also what is regs on using wifi inter link ?

When applying for HMO licence, BC will specify what is required.

Hi Tazz i know this, bc is harringey and they specify in their hmo licence pdf.

In addition, the licence holder will also be required to ensure that means of escape
and fire
precautions are maintained, and that electricity supplies to automatic fire detection and emergency
lighting systems are not disconnected or threatened with disconnection due to non-payment of monies
owed to the relevant statutory undertaker.

The licence holder will also be required to provide to the Council copies of annual inspection and
test certificates for Grade A automatic fire detection systems or confirmation that the smoke and
heat alarms for Grade D systems have been cleaned in accordance with manufacturer's instructions,
and copies of annual test certificates for emergency lighting systems, where provided.

:90:

So there is no mention of each room requires a smoke and co2 ?

BC will issue you with a drawing, showing all required.....by the sounds of the comments, the property is over 3 floors, so a full alarm system to Grade A is required, covering all circulation floors with smokes & call points, with heats/sounders in bedrooms....plus a grade D smoke alarm in each bedroom.

Grade A throughout, with additional grade D smokes in each room, BC standard...but some have different ideas so check before starting installation.

Quick question in hmo do bc expect the grade d alarms to be interconnected ? As if one tenant sets off the alarm all flats will go off, also if a grade a is fitted to whole property complying with ld1 system, then would that not supersede a grade a and grade d combination ?

No interlinking with grade D, idea is the smokes are for local detection within the rooms only, this provides early warning for the occupant. if fire continues, or the room is unoccupied, the grade A heat will activate the grade A system, to fully evacuate the building. This setup by BC has proved to be the best way to avoid false alarms, whilst still protecting the room occupant.

So what your suggestion is grade a for communal with grade d in each room or grade a throughout with supplementary grade d ? Sorry for all the questions need to be clear and council website is not very clear

yes grade A full alarm using heats and base sounders in occupied rooms....also grade d mains smoke in each room, non linked....normal circulation areas such as landings and hallways are part of the grade A system, smokes, sounders call points.

Reply to Smoke alarm in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net