Discuss smoke alarms help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

banny07

-
Arms
Reaction score
hi.
I had a phone call from a customer who want me to install combined fire and smoke detectors in his 6 bedroom (three floors)house.Is he after ordenary smoke and heat alarm or something else ? what sort of cable or system need to install? thanks

If its domestic T&E will do, siting will be dictated to by the layout of the property ,guide attached

Attachments

• Guidance%20on%20Fire%20Alarms%20Systems%20in%20HMOs_tcm5-6659.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 27
I dont think combined Heat and Smoke detectors are available in domestic form, but i may be wrong have a look on the Aico website.

I fit Fire Alarm systems into HMO's (Houses of multiple occupancy) i use the Rafiki 2 wire system, the detectors can be set to various settings including combined heat and smoke. In my area the requirement for the Alarm to meet Local Authority and Fire authority requirements, is that detectors in occupied rooms be set to Rate of rise heat, and in communal areas they be set to Smoke, in unoccupied or unused areas (Loft / Cellars etc) set to combined smoke and heat.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to smoke alarms help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock