Discuss smoke alarms in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi did a pir on a place and board needed changed. It only had 1 battery smoke alarm and i recommended fitting mains linked ones. Client said no to cost and asked for battery wireless ones.
Question is do I stick that in the departures box on eic.
What if nic pick me up on this ?
should I say no to job

Its not part of the electrical installation so why is it a departure. you said you only did a PIR.
If you fitted mains ones it would have needed a separate fire alarm and electrical certs

why would he need a fire alarm cert??? its a smoke...!! goes on EIC as new circuit

and yes just fit battery ones..! nice to see you picking up on then things!! every property that does not have a smoke regadless of work that will be carried out im going to strat fitting them FOC... (get them free from the Fire brigade)

The fitting of mains smokes would only require a BS5839-6 cert if they're installed in an HMO - or other multiple occupancy situation - not for single family homes. The Building regs alone do not produce a requirement for certification of smoke detection. The RR(FS)O does.

DS is correct though, will require an EIC - still has to comply with BS7671 too.

Other than that - good advice - EVERY building in the land should have some kind of fire detection, IMVHO, and without bias.

Reply to smoke alarms in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock