Discuss Smoke alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been asked to price to fit some wireless smoke alarms in a house which as been converted into separate rooms.
now I've see you can get mains powered or battery powered wireless alarms but I friend as the he did not think you could fit battery wireless smoke alarms in a domestic property.
any thoughts please

Property has had all available rooms turned into bedrooms so that everyone who rents a room has to share the kitchen and the bathroom.
Hope that is clearer.

It sounds like rules for a HMO comes into play here, I'm sure they would have to be mains powered, but I may be wrong.

i'm sure you need the mains powered ones too.

On a side note (that'll also help you if you dont know) when you install smoke alarms, do you need to certify them? Are they just a normal circuit and tested as such or do they also need to be tested and certified to prove they actually work?

Before doing any installation, you will need the councils report, for the HMO Licence. This will state if the property is Graded A or Grade D. Then you will be told what is required. Grade D will usually be mains powered smoke in circulation areas, minimum. (usually 2 level property) Grade A will be a full fire alarm system, with usually heat detectors in rooms and Smokes in circulation areas, with solo mains smoke detectors backing up rooms. Each level will also require call points.(3+ level property).

Reply to Smoke alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock