Discuss Smoke detection in domestic premises, Is there a wireless device??????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mgnelec09

Hi,

I am currently pricing a job and the drawings specify 5 smoke detectors throughout the premises.

I have priced to interlink the detectors together on its own circuit using a three core and earth between each unit.

The customer is asking whether there is such a thing as wirless smoke detectors ans this would limit the labour charge and also the damage to the existing decor.

Please advise.

Hi,

I am currently pricing a job and the drawings specify 5 smoke detectors throughout the premises.

I have priced to interlink the detectors together on its own circuit using a three core and earth between each unit.

The customer is asking whether there is such a thing as wirless smoke detectors ans this would limit the labour charge and also the damage to the existing decor.

Please advise.

There are wireless detectors available but the last time I checked, the additional cost per detector negated any labour savings on traditional interlinking.

use the aico wirless bases a lot, more expensive but easier than running the interconnect when disruption is an issue, if however its full rewire etc then wiring between is cheaper.

There are wireless detectors available but the last time I checked, the additional cost per detector negated any labour savings on traditional interlinking.

Absolutely right, they can beexpensive, when rewiring a house I find it cheaper to pull in a 3C & E

the wireless bases are around £60 each.

Agree with all of the above. But just in case anyone doesn't know, RF interconnection is an acceptable method of interconnecting smoke and carbon monoxide alarms according to the relevant British standard. However Smoke and carbon Monoxide alarms shouldn't be interconnected to each other because the action to be taken in the event of activation is different.

Cheers.....Howard

Thanks for the advise, do the aico bases need a mains feed to each base? how much are they ie the base and detector each? and where is the cheapest place to get them?

Reply to Smoke detection in domestic premises, Is there a wireless device??????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock