Discuss Snickers floorlayers trousers or other? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
After trying a couple of cheapy trousers years ago I have stayed with snickers floor layers for 5 years. I use them with the snickers 9118 knee pads which have outlived a few pairs of the trousers.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it worth spending the extra for the 'flexi' floorlayers trousers (6923), has anyone used both the normal floorlayers (3223) and the flexi ones?
Snickers Floorlayers Trousers | 3223 | 6923 | SnickersUK.com - https://snickersuk.com/product-category/snickers-trousers-3/snickers-trousers-floorlayers/

2. Are there any other recommendations for a pair of quality work trousers?
My main consideration is that the trousers are tough (i.e have a long life), but also that I can fit good quality knee pads into them.

I think the main reason I don't want to move away from snickers (apart from them being good trousers) is that I want to keep using the snickers 9118 kneepads as they really are good, but they don't fit in other work trousers.

I wear the normal flexiwork ones, they are worth every penny IMO.

Very hard wearing and super comfortable.

I also have the thicker pads but don’t use them and just stick with the normal yellow ones as I not spend much time on my knees. I’m pretty sure they fit though.

I’m pretty sure I only paid 120 for a twin pack 1.5 years ago. Maybe from snickers direct.

Snickers FlexiWork Trousers 6903 | Snickers Trousers | Snickers UK - https://snickersuk.com/product/snickers-flexiwork-trousers-6903-snickers-trousers-snickers-uk/

I have Snickers 3212 I find them very comfortable if I neal on a wet surface or spill water on them doesn't penetrate through. It is one of those things each to their own. Got a 1319 jacket that has kept me warm the last few days. Years ago I had a blue winter jacket from Snickers lasted 15 years it was only that I managed to rip it Snickers is expensive but you can get at good prices when the special offers come up.

I changed to snickers craftsmen from floorlayers because of the price difference but I will be switching back next time as the craftsmen aren't a patch on floorlayers.
I went from the DuraTwill 3212 trousers to Flexiwork 6902 and would highly recommend the upgrade, material is a lot more "breathable" on the Flexiwork which does allow more movement.

Thanks both, that's some really useful information.

I’ve had mine so long they were called marathons

Actually I’m not bothered. Cheap trousers... if they tear, buy another cheap pair.

Last edited:
Jeez this is the most boring thread I've ever seen on here. Apologies happyhippy, but I need to say it how it is.

What next - what type of jumpers do people wear?? What colour socks have you got on??

And before anyone kicks off, I've put some smilies at the end of my post, so that means I can say anything and it's OK, right? :):););):D:D:p:p

What next - what type of jumpers do people wear?? What colour socks have you got on??

And before anyone kicks off, I've put some smilies at the end of my post, so that means I can say anything and it's OK, right? :):););):D:D:p:p

A pink croptop fluffy nylon one today.

Socks are Dickies work socks. :p

Boring or not...i'm joining in...
I ran Snickers for years,and then tried Blaklader,as they looked the part,and i looked really cool in them....

I seem to have blown the gusset out of me Blakladers...maybe the fluffer wore em'thru,during filming....who knows...i may give the Snickers carpet baggers a go...:rolleyes:

Reply to Snickers floorlayers trousers or other? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock