Discuss so i beat my fear of the dentist today after roughly 11 years in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

elsparko

im going to get me some pretty teefs now, took less than a minute to remove a root that had split into 3 parts

ive had more pain just wiggling these split roots for years than what i experienced today, any of you chaps that have hit the balding of the head stage have nothing to fear from dentistry today, changed so much since i last went

if youre putting off getting your teeth looked at, dont! its not even sore

How old are you? I'm 56 and dentists have been gentle for 40+ years (when the high speed drills came in AND the optional injection if wussy) I know it was a bit rattley with the old belt driven drills, without novacaine but it does only take minutes FFS.
When I had the extractions for getting a brace (Bugs Bunny me) I had to hold my head straight with one hand and help push up on lever with other - did have injection for that though)

When I was being made redundant I abused the companies dental policy, limit was £2500 and I did a deal with the dentist and used £2250 of it, 3 caps and whitening treatment I was in and out for two months and in the end I was nearly falling asleep in the chair. I did used to wind her up by shouting out "arrgghh" once in a while though.

Dentists, injections pfffff nothing to worry about pulling the zip up of your jeans and catching the skin of your John Thomas an knowing to free it you need to pull the zip down then that is another matter.

the injections are nothing that i worry about, its that metal scraper thing they go digging about with, always on edge waiting for it to hit a nerve

i was almost permanently put to sleep with general anaesthetic when i was really young at the dentist, all i remember is leaning on my mums shoulder walking out of the dentist , remember feeling like id just been asleep for 100 years, stumbling about, then off to toys r us to collect my bribe of a remote control car ;) lol

last time i went to a dentist was when i had a severe toothache. he pulled it. bloody agony. can still feel it. was 1976.

(My dental Facts)
Ignore brackets if you Hate dentist
(Pork and my gums , don't get on .)
( Kids were dragged along to watch my no fear approach. )

Well done Elsparko !

(--- My wallet aching at £65 last tooth re-build ---)
(..on its last strike..)

(My dental Facts)
Ignore brackets if you Hate dentist
(Pork and my gums , don't get on .)
( Kids were dragged along to watch my no fear approach. )

Well done Elsparko !

(--- My wallet aching at £65 last tooth re-build ---)
(..on its last strike..)
the last appointment i had before this one i had a tooth removed, at a cost of 80 odd of my sterlings, a very painful experience that put me off for the 11 years

Treading on a 3 pin plug trumps dentist *and childbirth* - I know many women who choose more children but never any for the plug top dance twice
Have a vasectomy under local anaesthetic and wait until the surgeon asks you "would you like to have a look" errrrrr no thanks.......

No doubt years of abusing IRN BRU finally caught up with you all north of the border! they are making a low sugar version now and i heard folks are stock piling the old version!
they already changed it thanks to jamie olivers bullcrap sugar tax, my teeth were alot worse when i drank coca cola, my doctor told me to switch to irn bru as much less caffeine and sugars

think most of the old stuff will be sold by now, i was in shops checking individual tins for the old recipe till that ran dry

Funnily enough I had a tooth extracted yesterday.

More information :D; the tooth in question had a small abscess, which me dentist tried treating with antibiotics, but didn't work. So he recommended it taken out.

As I'd held my tooth in high esteem for over 60 years, I was somewhat apprehensive on its demise. But me dentist is a good 'en, and told me not worry :eek:

Didn't have much time to, as it was whipped out next day. The injection hurt more, t'ooth came out in a few seconds. Went shopping straight after for some bits, most of looked like Dracula after a meal!

Just waiting for things to heal now. Dunno what all the fuss was about.

Mrs Pirate is a dentist...well, she was, but retired now.
Friends used to say lucky you, wife is your dentist...

Aye,
right...

Wouldn't let her near me unless I had recently bought her something very expensive!

My pal Eric is my dentist now...he's very good indeed, very gentle and not expensive, and I have the footage of his lunchtime "home visits"...

Reply to so i beat my fear of the dentist today after roughly 11 years in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock