Discuss So I guess I intimidate a lot of you in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What post was it SJ? I looked at your profile to see previous posts but your profile is hidden.

Oh peter peter peter, just when i thought we were getting somewhere, you give me a naughty little rating.
Naughty boy.

Thank you for that, is there anything wrong with arrogance if you can back it up, I'm pretty sure all the greats had a bit of it in them.

It's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. People like confidence it makes them feel comfortable hiring you because they believe in you but if that comes across as arrogance, people pick up on it and in general people don't like arrogance.

There was a time in my former career where I found myself believing my own hype and I ended up coming across as an arrogant cow. Thankfully at the time, I worked with a couple of really great software engineers and I realised my mistake because for the first time in my career I was working with people who were much MUCH better than me. It was a real wakeup call and what I learned from them continues to serve me well to this day.

So to answer your question... yes, there is something wrong with arrogance... in general people don't like it. It rubs people up the wrong way and you end up looking like a prat.

So tell me Honey, what did I say that was so bad that deserves a ban, is it like I said, maybe nobody could hold an intelligent conversation.
You will never reach the top by dithering and sugar coating things, life is cruel at times so man up, or woman up in your case.

As I've already stated, it's more about your delivery than what you're saying (or at least it is for me).

Hi Starjack, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Curious about the success you allude to in your tag.
I've already answered that once, I am hardly going to divulge personal information am I.
I have explained i run my own business with 17 fulltime electricians, I presume I must be doing something right.
I have 3 cars
1 house with 6 bedrooms
A holiday home abroad.
I've never hurt an animal

Enough for you !!!!!

I've already answered that once, I am hardly going to divulge personal information am I.
I have explained i run my own business with 17 fulltime electricians, I presume I must be doing something right.
I have 3 cars
1 house with 6 bedrooms
A holiday home abroad.

Enough for you !!!!!
I see your problem.
Too many cars, not enough Motorcycles.

I see your problem.
Too many cars, not enough Motorcycles.

You can never have too many cars but I do agree about the bikes, I would love one but they scare the life out of me, a bit like female electricians and pudding burners, no place for them in this day and age.

I have 3 cars
1 house with 6 bedrooms
A holiday home abroad.

Enough for you !!!!!
Easy tiger, you're not that interesting that I've bothered to read everything you've committed to our scriptures. Wow, you've done very well, assuming you built that up from scratch without a helpful investment from someone else or your own savings. But money doesn't buy you love Starjack, are you happy?

@Starjack I am all for applauding successful people, the world needs them but maybe try and enjoy that success rather than ram it down people's throats.

Hi Starjack, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Curious about the success you allude to in your tag.

Because another member asked me to expand on my success, I think multiple cars a large house and holiday home proves I have been quite successful.
Maybe read the whole thread before you comment.
Just saying

Last edited:
I have a five bed does that count? Oh and a double garage all next to the golf course does that count?
What the hell is wrong with the people on here, if you have got that then yes be proud of it, you've obviously done well.
I'll tell you the biggest failing of this country is we are a nation of nay sayers and negative people.
We hate successful people and anyone who has done well for themselves and your comment has just proven that.

TBF the OP could've watched re-runs of Stars in their eyes and woke up yesterday and thought " Today Matthew I am going to be an electrican multi-million pound business owner" & next week dont be surprised if he is on the plumbing forums.
Congrats if you have achieved what you say you have but these are forums where in theory you can be anyone you want to be if you're in to that.

Hope you don’t take the same attitude with your employees and keep a tight reign with your HR department in respect of age discrimination. Sounds like you have loads and loads of money to lose.
There’s a great book called ‘How to win friends and influence people’ . If you read that you’ll probably be able to employ 34 full time electricians, afford 2 six bed houses filled kids all at private school.
I suspect the only book you’ve read is ‘Fly Fishing’ by J R Hartley ;)

Reply to So I guess I intimidate a lot of you in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net