Discuss So I may be buying a house with P.V. installed.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If he's getting the £600, then he owns the panels-the rentaroof brigade only got to use the free electricity as far as I am aware.
I think that you contact the FITS provider who will be one of the big energy providers and simply change the account details with them

If he has had the panels for several years then its very likely that they are producing £600 pa.
I have had 3.84Kw fitted for nearly 6 years and they give back about 2k per year. the last 3 month up to July 10th produced £829

You must be on a good rate ours is 6p a kw (so around 10000kwh you've exported based on 600 pq)

That's why

If op switches he will get the current rate

Good luck getting over 600 a year

Are you saying that if you buy a house with an existing installation, when you change ownership, the FIT rate changes? I can find no mention of this anywhere. If so have you got a link?

Ask
Type another question
Will I be eligible for a Feed-in Tariff if I move into a house that already has a system that generates electricity?
Owning a home doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get Feed-in Tariff payments. That’s because sometimes a previous owner or the company that installed a system still owns it. So you’ll need to show us proof that you own it before we can pay you.

If you’re thinking about buying a property which already has a renewable technology system, you should get some independent legal advice to check who owns it. And if you’re looking at renting somewhere with a system installed, talk to your landlord about who gets the Feed-in Tariff payments.

If you move into a house and you’re eligible for the Feed-in Tariff, you’ll need to fill in a change of ownership form then either email it to us at [email protected] or post it to Green Hub, EDF Energy, Gadeon House, Grenadier Road, Exeter EX1 3UT.

What happens to my Feed-in Tariff if I sell my house?

You should get independent legal advice if you’re selling (or buying) a house which has a renewable energy system. But as a general rule, the Feed-in Tariff will pass to the new owner of the house.

If you’re selling yours, you’ll need to fill in a change of ownership form then either email it to us at [email protected] or post it to Green Hub, EDF Energy, Gadeon House, Grenadier Road, Exeter EX1 3UT.

You can keep ownership of your Feed-in Tariff, even if you sell your house. But you need to make arrangements to make sure you meet your contractual obligations. Check your Statement of Terms to find out what these are.

If I change my electricity supplier, do I need to move my Feed-in Tariff to them?

It’s up to you. You can still keep your Feed-in Tariff with us even if you move your electricity account to someone else. But if you want to move your Feed-in Tariff to the new company as well, you’ll need to contact them and ask them how to do this.

Would you be better with a power wall, rather than the fit payments. and use the electric you have stored when out during the day to run the house at night? How long would it take you to recover the cost?

Would you be better with a power wall, rather than the fit payments. and use the electric you have stored when out during the day to run the house at night? How long would it take you to recover the cost?
I will try to find the video as there was an electrician in holland who made his own powerwall and pv set up that surpassed the tesla specs for substantially less money.
The stuff is all available on the shelf. It just needs a bit of know how to put it together safely

Well as I say it is all greek to me. And the original question was how to gen up on it as an end user. Power wall/storage sounds good.

I have 4kwp pv installation, generating 3800kwh per year, paying £2k per year.
They give you an extra 4p for the 50% of 3800 you nominally export. Eg the export is not measured. Saving me approx £250 in electricity and more for gas.
On the powerwall... you still get the fits but get to keep and use more of the power... as you say at night. But i have not seen any kit that can give you a return on the money you pay out. You will be approx exporting 950kwh per year... thats £120 worth of power a year. Tesla powerwall is £5k +install... I'll let you do the mathes... approx 50 year payback.
With a 2kwp (kilowatt peak) system you get to try to use 1900kwh per year, most of which arrives in late spring summer and early autumn, when you need less!
My fits are paid by EDF but i have changed my energy supplyer several times since Dec 2011 without problems. Never changed my fit payer... little point.
Contractually, You are asked to supply a reading every 3 months and get a bank payment a few days later. Ask for copies of the last 4 payment pdf's. You will see that the fits go up by inflation in april.
Maintenance... cleaning... when it rains in the uk they get washed... dont be ripped of by cleaning services.
Day to day. We have 2 OWL meters showing generation and what us exported to the grid. We put tbe dishwashers/washer on when we are exporting 2-3kw to increase usage.
Storage of the energy... for £200 you can buy a solar iboost or Solic ... that both push only the excess energy into the hot tank via an immersion heater saving gas use 4p... 6000kwh in 3-4 years.
I now charge a plugin car when its sunny. Free miles.
Problems... I've had one where the supply voltage is 253+ not 230V... this caused the inverter to stop and wait for less than its uk settings. Fixed by the NW elec network people.
I also heard of badly fitted protective earths with sunnyboy... fix on forum.
Enjoy!

Income Depends on when they were fitted and what the FIT was at the time..
Mine is a 2.8kWp system fitted in Dec 2015 and I get about £430p.a. which goes up by inflation every year. In addition I get a certain amount of free electricity so it's worth considerably more than this.
I also run an electric van and can sometimes offset the charging for free when at home. Not that it costs much anyway. I think the concept is great and am expecting a home storage battery soon to capture some of the surplus going back to the grid. You get paid for 50% of solar generated as going back to the grid, whether you use it or not.. :)

Don't think you need to do a course, although I went on a one day course at the Centre for Alternative Technology. Check them out..
theres plenty of books and info online. Might even be worth getting a local installer round for a quote eg increase panels or home storage and pump them for info.

Don't think you need to do a course, although I went on a one day course at the Centre for Alternative Technology. Check them out..
theres plenty of books and info online. Might even be worth getting a local installer round for a quote eg increase panels or home storage and pump them for info.

Good luck with that being understandable,viable,and still worth a carrot in time...

Got practically ostracised at an ECO expo,in Manchester,years back,for posing the very real possibility of all the various "enabling schemes",ending in PPI type misery...cue the FIT unravelling,in Scotland about now...

As per usual,a moderate number of people did,and are doing very well,with a massive number,hamstrung and paying for it.

I was really surprised,and ready to have a nibble of humble pie,recently,when a representative of a PV installation outfit,was telling me of the near twenty years they had been in the job...maybe an example of a good'un...then some further probing,revealed the four changes of trading names...oh, well...:)

Reply to So I may be buying a house with P.V. installed.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net