Discuss So what’s the script with these AFFDs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd be interested to know about share ownership of the IET members, and at what point their shares were acquired. Was there a rush on shares when they decided to make RCDs a requirement, but before they told us? I do not believe for one second that, among the thousands of IET members, there aren't a large number who are going to earn more money as a result of foisting needless complexity on us.

Complete boIIocks. Unless you can identify those electrical equipment manufacturers whose share price has suddenly shot up on the announcement of the requirement for more widespread use of RCDs.

The increased use of RCDs has been ongoing for years now. Hardly a surprise.

i wouldnt at all be surprised that due to the amount of noise made about these things that the iet will leave them out of the 18th for now and maybe include them in the first amendment which will no doubt be out within 18 months once they have finished spending the cash from the initial release. It strikes me as being much like the possible requirement to have a rod on pme systems... its just not workable or practical.... time will tell...

The local college lecturer said that’s what they’ve done with the rods, delayed until 18th Amd 1, which he said they had started writing last summer when I was in about taking on an apprentice.

I don’t think there would be so many complaints if the required books cost £25 or £30 instead of £85 and the update courses were £50 across the board but it seems like everyone is making money except us who are losing money.
I think they also need to look at the poor quality of white goods that are flooding the market. As nothing is made to last anymore the inevitable breakdown could end up with an explosion, a fizzle or a poof, all of which could cause the fire such as Glenfell (coated with poor quality dangerous cladding because someone was on the make) Do you see where I’m going with this?

"At which point most people reply f**k sake mate only wanted 4 sockets put in not a complete upgrade then of course dodgy Dave comes in at your back and fits the 4 sockets cause he doesn’t give 2 flying F***s and it works for ever and ever and ever."
Why oh why do I always get the blame for being cheaper?
Love Dave

Reply to So what’s the script with these AFFDs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net