Discuss Socket above sink, tiny room, nowhere else to put it. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is it a cordless kettle?

If it is, small shelf about 400mm high clip kettle cord for base or screw base to shelf so cannot be moved and use a masterseal plug, job done. No one get hurt unless they intentionally removed the cable clips or base from shelf and puts in water.

but don'r drill through the socket cable when fixing the shelf up.:73:

I think trying to come up with ingenious ways to make the existing situation 'legal' is the wrong way of going about it.

So this is a factory? How many people work there and are therefore likely to be using this "kitchen"?
Secondly where do the staff go to consume what they have produced in this "kitchen"? Do they all try to cram into what it sounds like was intended as a cleaners' cupboard during their breaks?
Is this more of a 'sweat shop' than a factory, in which case why are they even taking breaks?

Without seeing the place I am going to guess that they have some kind of 'canteen' or 'break room' where everyone sits at break time, probably with a microwave in it, in which case I would suggest putting the kettle there. Maybe even the sink as well, and go back to using the old "kitchen" as a cleaners' cupboard, but the socket behind the sink still has to go.

Reply to Socket above sink, tiny room, nowhere else to put it. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock