Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Socket and FCU spurred from ring.. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. whazza22

whazza22 Regular EF Member

Hi all

I am changing a consumer unit and noticed that a FCU for the boiler and a double socket have been spurred from the same socket.

As its was previously installed by someone else, do I record it as a recommendation?

Not too keen on leaving it, although its been there years. Just more expense for customer.

Thanks

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

All I would do is note it on the EIC.

3. wirepuller

wirepuller Trusted Advisor

While it obviously doesnt comply the boiler load is minimal and if it's unlikely that the socket is going to get two 13a loads at the same time there's not much chance of it being a major concern.

4. MDJ

MDJ Guest

Can't see a problem myself, just add a note saying it doesn't comply with the regulations today.

Of course unless you think danger is imminent and have proof it has to be altered.

5. urbangee

urbangee Guest

Is the socket on the load side of the spur?

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    as above posts. obviously the insomniacs have beaten me to it.